Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
i though with my time it won't schedule you past your availability. new schedule posted I'm working past my availability

Someone overrode it. Make sure you tell them immediately so they don't try to make it your problem.

i though with my time it won't schedule you past your availability. new schedule posted I'm working past my availability
Nah says right on there that it goes off buisness needs.. your availability is only your pref. Doesn't mean you'll get that schedule

I heard today that we're all just sales floor TMs now. No hl and no sl, so the robot will be scheduling anyone anywhere. I've already made pacts to give any hl shifts to friends from hl in exchange for first dibs on their sl shifts. Theoretically, I could do hl. I do baby gondolas pretty well, push those cafs often and all that jazz. I don't want to do hl, though. We don't have PDAs often enough for it to work out. It now makes sense though why the new girls didn't know whether they were hard or soft lines... Also, the fact that they've been doing both since starting.

At my store, the hardlines and softlines TLs and ETLs have been consolidated into "Sales Floor," but the team members are still considered to be on separate teams for each workcenter (unless they happen to already be trained in both hardlines and softlines).

Currently, my etl is a an etl sales floor, but the TLS are still SL or HL. They're training all new team members in both. I'm hoping my etl hr is mistaken, though.

18 hours... 18 hours... 8 hours

I'd say I hate MyTime, but my gstl plays favorites so who knows. I just know I cannot pay my bills on 8 hours.

Sigh. A job I would have fought for opened up at SAMs Club... Except I'm leaving town for a couple of weeks and can't do anything until I get back. Not that I can afford "vacation", but someone else bought the tickets.

By my name, it's pretty obvious I'm a barista at Starbucks. I was recently asked if I wanted to cross train in Softlines and I agreed. I made it extremely clear that I want to stay in my work center but have some occasional shifts in Softlines and I was told that's fine. Well, in two weeks, all of my shifts are Softlines and I'm livid. Now my store is giving the talk on the new scheduling system. We were told it generates the schedule and HR won't exactly be going in to edit it. I'm really worried it'll throw me into Softlines and I'm just not going to stand for it. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

By my name, it's pretty obvious I'm a barista at Starbucks. I was recently asked if I wanted to cross train in Softlines and I agreed. I made it extremely clear that I want to stay in my work center but have some occasional shifts in Softlines and I was told that's fine. Well, in two weeks, all of my shifts are Softlines and I'm livid. Now my store is giving the talk on the new scheduling system. We were told it generates the schedule and HR won't exactly be going in to edit it. I'm really worried it'll throw me into Softlines and I'm just not going to stand for it. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Make sure your primary workcenter is Starbucks. If they changed you in the system to a Softlines Team Member all your shifts will generate as softlines. They can add your secondary workcenter as Softlines and that should solve the issue.

Yep, with max they could finagle the times to fit it in with a tm's availability...but they won't do that with myTime.

Does anyone know how mytime works with the AP department? How does it know when we have to show up to court?

That would be pre-planned by the leadership team on Monday when making the schedule. They are able to add uncommon events like that then so that the schedule still generates properly.

First off....the very first month of testing...
Awesome. Great. Amazing. The salesfloor was staffed to guest needs. Finances were ignored, and we were given payroll to accommodate what the system actually said was needed. This was taking into account transaction difficulty, time of the month trends, complexity of trucks, various "unknown" variables such as FDC/Wholesale delivers, APS/TPS needs, local holidays, etc. Team Leads were actually having chats with salesfloor team members. Motivating, correcting, task/guest driven.
For the first 4 weeks, myTime gave you the resources to be Guest Oriented. If you had an exceptional leadership team, you could micro manage team members to high-demand areas, or high-maintenance areas. Peak hours were actually PEAK HOURS. We had 10+ team members available if there was a guest demand. Areas that were heavily shopped during certain times of the month were heavily staffed accordingly. In a well run, intelligent, store, this would be ideal. We knew where to send team members. We made sure that team members were available. We used the detailed reports that myTime gave us. It gave us trends for high-coupon transactions, areas that needed extra attention on the salesfloor, and high-repack stocking for logistics. For awhile, we had key information for being efficient/successful and worked accordingly.

Now, 6 months later...
Less than minimum as per best practice in each work center. Salesfloor, 104 hours. In case you don't know, 104 hours is the bare minimum to have 1 team member per hour per operating hour(In an 8am-11pm store). That includes Softlines, Hardlines, Consumables, Cashier. At any given time, there will be 1 team member per area of the store. This includes Team Leads. Team Leads are now expected to be the sole person in a department.

Lunches/Breaks need to be covered?
Has to come from a Lead now. Including covering the front lanes, electronics, operator, whatever. This has been causing massive gaps/holes in work centers....basically meaning that there will be 30-45 minutes where nobody is in Market, Service Desk, Salesfloor, whatever.
We have 1 cashier per hour scheduled. This hurts. This really really really hurts. We have a little over 10 hours scheduled for guest attendant...for an entire week. That includes gathering carts/cleaning the bathrooms/maintaining cleanliness of the front. 10 hours...in ONE WEEK.
Bike building is down to 4 hours per week. In-Stocks is shot to hell. I don't even know how 4x4's are supposed to work at this point.

Questions?

I love the branding of "guest driven scheduling" because it works so well to have them out there "driving profitable sales" when there is no one to ring the guests up when they get to the front. I see so many more abandoned carts in front of the lanes now because the back-up is insane. We are constantly on code and the sales floor is extremely slow to respond to us because they are tired of being stuck on the lanes for 15 minutes or more at a time only to be called up again five minutes later.

Yes! When you take away hours from the front, guests have to wait in line longer and they get really angry when they have to wait! And if there's no CA, then the GSA/GSTL keeps getting pulled away from the front to clean bathrooms or get carts! If (when) you get busy, it really hurts to lose the GSA even for 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Seems like almost everyday as a GSA I ask for someone to grabs carts, the LOD responds by telling me to get them. I have no problem with that except they send no one up to cover the lanes while I'm outside. Inevitably I'll be out in the lot and hear the backup call button over the walkie. The following conversation ensues:

LOD or TLOD: Dude, do we need backup?
Dude: I have no idea I'm in the parking lot right now.
LOD or TLOD: Oh, can someone respond to code please?

*long pause*

LOD or TLOD: <Insert sales floor team member> can you go up to the front lanes?
Random Sales Floor Team Member: Sorry I'm busy with a guest.

Just keep repeating this three times an hour for an eight hour shift. Seems like only one third of the times we call for additional cashiers do we actually get one. Then when we do, that person is stuck on a lane for upwards of 30 minutes at a time.

My store just got mytime this week and I tried checking my schedule and it wouldn't let me at the computer in the store office. Is there a reason for this or should I talk to HR?

My store just got mytime this week and I tried checking my schedule and it wouldn't let me at the computer in the store office. Is there a reason for this or should I talk to HR?
My store just got my time this week too. It's going to take a few days to give you access according my my etl-hr

My time and obamacare have screwed team members out of hours. I was getting scheduled at least 37 hours a week. This week it has been anywhere from 30 to 34 a week.

My time and obamacare have screwed team members out of hours. I was getting scheduled at least 37 hours a week. This week it has been anywhere from 30 to 34 a week.
Obamacare has nothing to do with it. That's a false argument spread by Republicans who want to restrict access to cheap healthcare for the lower and middle classes.

I thought Obamacare came up with the 31.5 hour rule which is going to drop to 30? Wouldn't that cause an employer to give less hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back