Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the point that my GSA/GSTL's are making up their own break/lunch times on the fly.

We always do this at my store. If we followed the myTime-generated break schedule, the front-end would go up in flames or something. I think I recall it once sending 3 cashiers on break, all at the same time, and at a time when a 4th cashier would be ending her shift for the day. And the GVP tells us not to tweak it -- you gotta be kidding me.

My Time is absolute shit. Is my life, my humanity, so meaningless to this corporation that my schedule has to be made according to the habits of greedy, impatient, pushy shoppers? The short answer is "yes."

It's a system that doesn't even work properly. Our underage cashiers have to go to school. Duh. Does My Time take that into account? Nope. Not at my store, anyway. One of our girls was fired because she had too many call-outs. So rather than violate the law by missing class, she now has to apply for future jobs with a smudge on her work history. Way to go, Target Corp!

My Time is consistently pumping out schedules with break/lunch times that make no sense. Clock in at 12:00pm, first break at 12:45. What? Scheduled to work eight hours, go to lunch after the first three...leaving five full hours on the second half of shift. Gee, I hope I can make it all the way across the store to TOC in time to aw fuck I just violated.

This shit happens regularly. To the point that my GSA/GSTL's are making up their own break/lunch times on the fly.

Yes, your underage cashiers have to go to school. Did they not set their availability? I don't know about you but from what I gather, the "scheduling outside availability" thing isn't really happening much.

Can't get into the schedule again. grumpy face. Tomorrow is my first day of the week. grumpier face.

Yes, your underage cashiers have to go to school. Did they not set their availability? I don't know about you but from what I gather, the "scheduling outside availability" thing isn't really happening much.

Isn't a thing? Yeah right.. Every week an HRETL schedules me outside my availability and we have to talk about it. People are scheduling outside not the computer. I have seen my TL write a schedule and the final looks nothing like what she wrote. HR do what they want.

My TL writing the schedule is way more efficient then some know-it-all machine. She takes into consideraton way more than just the guest. She also considers the difficulty of the work, how long it will take to finish, people's strengths, people's outside lives, that she is LOD and scheduled POG/Pricing so half the shift she's answering the door, the CO, running to the service desk..

Oh, and she would never schedule a minor during school hours just because they didn't update their availability from summer/winter. Give me a break..

I feel bad for the stores where this is happening because my stores TLs and HR review everything and if they don't like it they change it. How is mytime going to know when there are events in your town that increase traffic flow, holidays, school let out, Mardi Gras, etc. It fails miserably.

Isn't a thing? Yeah right.. Every week an HRETL schedules me outside my availability and we have to talk about it. People are scheduling outside not the computer. I have seen my TL write a schedule and the final looks nothing like what she wrote. HR do what they want.

Therefore, more of an issue with the people than with MyTime the program itself.

I have a closing consumables shift next week that I'm semi-dreading. I can't remember the last time I saw more than one person close per area so I'll likely be closing a new area alone. I thought consumables was scheduled manually? I feel like no intelligent human would've made this decision.

But I also just realized it's a half hour outside of my availability, so it had to have been a human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back