Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey quick someone remind me: what is the minimum average hours you have to work to be allowed to do health insurance
  1. 1 minute ago - pockets:
    I think it's 32
got my answer.

they schedule me as cosmetics brand with 31.5 hours a week.

yes I'm still on my parent's health care but still.

wtf

And is that 31.5 with or without your 1/2 hour breaks?

Anyway you're a bright person, surely you can figure out a way to tack on 30 minutes?

There are a couple of answers to this question. The "official" answer is 32. But the answer in reality is 31.5, because this sort of software cannot handle decimals, so it rounds up or down as necessary. On top of that, the legal answer is 30. But until next year, the government isn't fining businesses who don't follow that. So that means in 20-5, Spot is required to lower it to 30 (29.5?) or pay some pretty steep fines if any TMs who fall in that hole go apply for insurance on the marketplace.

hey quick someone remind me: what is the minimum average hours you have to work to be allowed to do health insurance
  1. 1 minute ago - pockets:
    I think it's 32
got my answer.

they schedule me as cosmetics brand with 31.5 hours a week.

yes I'm still on my parent's health care but still.

wtf

And is that 31.5 with or without your 1/2 hour breaks?

Anyway you're a bright person, surely you can figure out a way to tack on 30 minutes?

That's 31.5 with my breaks yeah

Well I did mention it in chat last night that Incould easily find a way to get an extra 30 minutes each week. I mean I get 25 extra just because I clock in 5 minutes early each day.

I was under the impression that Target stopped offering health insurance to hourly TMs in general, last year. Was that only in certain states? Was that only for the lowest categories of hourly TMs? I'm a little confused.

I was under the impression that Target stopped offering health insurance to hourly TMs in general, last year. Was that only in certain states? Was that only for the lowest categories of hourly TMs? I'm a little confused.

Only part time which means anyone under 32 hours a week.
Which means a goodly portion of the crew.

Only part time which means anyone under 32 hours a week.
Which means a goodly portion of the crew.
Thanks. I think I was confused because of the number of people who were affected by it, simply because they were keeping people below 32 to prevent the accumulation of paid time off.

ACA has a part that says that 30 hours = full time. That part goes into effect for 2015 though so for 2014, target was able to use 31.5.

What is Target's policy on asking time off?? Is it more than 3 weeks it is considered a LOA? I have a cousin who is getting married ( it is a destination wedding) We are doing some bachelorette stuff and then planning the wedding etc etc and it's 2 and half weeks but might creep into 3 and I'll be out of town and I also know spot gets angry with anything 3 weeks am I right?? So what should I do???

I was scheduled as cart attendant next week, along with 2 other TMs, all at the same time. No idea how that happened. While I am trained on the cart pusher and occasionally (read: a few times per month) help out covering a cart attendant's lunch or so, I have never been given a full shift as CA and am not comfortable with it so I'll probably be speaking to the ETL-GE. Of course, since there are 3 of us scheduled, only 1 of us will actually be the CA and the other two will be sent to cashier, and at the GSTL's discretion, naturally. Very annoying.

What is Target's policy on asking time off?? Is it more than 3 weeks it is considered a LOA? I have a cousin who is getting married ( it is a destination wedding) We are doing some bachelorette stuff and then planning the wedding etc etc and it's 2 and half weeks but might creep into 3 and I'll be out of town and I also know spot gets angry with anything 3 weeks am I right?? So what should I do???
Yes. It will be loa after 2 weeks. Start doing the paperwork now.

I took 2 1/2 weeks off without a LOA. they just told me to break up the days when i requested them off

I took 2 1/2 weeks off without a LOA. they just told me to break up the days when i requested them off
That's one way around it.

That's one way around it.
Is what I've always done.

I think to be on the safe side I'll just to do the paperwork I just want to be extra cautious especially since we have a new HR ETL and I definitely do not want to step on any toes.

I think to be on the safe side I'll just to do the paperwork I just want to be extra cautious especially since we have a new HR ETL and I definitely do not want to step on any toes.
If you are not leaving town. Just leave a normal day or two that you work, open. It gives you a break from the bridal event.

I am leaving town. It's a destination wedding and when I went into My time I couldn't even find the splitting up thing. Teach me the ways..... Whenever I see it anything after 2 weeks it pops up and says leave of absence.......

I am leaving town. It's a destination wedding and when I went into My time I couldn't even find the splitting up thing. Teach me the ways..... Whenever I see it anything after 2 weeks it pops up and says leave of absence.......

There is no "thing" for splitting it up. Just submit separate requests.

Oh gotcha I am sorry I got confused sorry about that..... Next time I go in I'll do that!

I can't imagine taking 2-3 weeks off for my own wedding, let alone a cousins wedding.

I mean, who has a wedding, and just expects everyone invited to be able to drop 2+ weeks of pay to attend it.

I can't imagine taking 2-3 weeks off for my own wedding, let alone a cousins wedding.

I mean, who has a wedding, and just expects everyone invited to be able to drop 2+ weeks of pay to attend it.

Some people just live on a higher plane and don't see that what they're asking is a bit unreasonable.
After all they can do it, so why can't you.

Anyone else getting an internal server error when they try to view target.com/viewschedule?

My Time is absolute shit. Is my life, my humanity, so meaningless to this corporation that my schedule has to be made according to the habits of greedy, impatient, pushy shoppers? The short answer is "yes."

It's a system that doesn't even work properly. Our underage cashiers have to go to school. Duh. Does My Time take that into account? Nope. Not at my store, anyway. One of our girls was fired because she had too many call-outs. So rather than violate the law by missing class, she now has to apply for future jobs with a smudge on her work history. Way to go, Target Corp!

My Time is consistently pumping out schedules with break/lunch times that make no sense. Clock in at 12:00pm, first break at 12:45. What? Scheduled to work eight hours, go to lunch after the first three...leaving five full hours on the second half of shift. Gee, I hope I can make it all the way across the store to TOC in time to aw fuck I just violated.

This shit happens regularly. To the point that my GSA/GSTL's are making up their own break/lunch times on the fly.

That is why still to this day the TLS tweak the schedule. Screw anyone that tells them not to. Lol. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back