Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this work for say, PA's? Our store has two PA's and we take the majority of the opening shifts (5/7 most weeks, sometimes 6/7 or 7/7 depending on who's weekend it is) because that's when we get the majority of our PA-centric tasks done like cleaning, ordering, etc. We still have at least one closing shift a week, but for the most part we open because the stuff that we do is what we're being paid to be PA's for, lol. We're also on a set schedule, more or less and receive the bulk of the hours allocated to Market. If we switched to an auto-scheduler that suddenly throwing random Market TM's in the open shifts and gave us mids or closes, pFresh would fall apart pretty quickly...

Ha! I'm pretty much only available 4 days a week, 5 hours a day at specific times, but have my max hours where I can only work 3 days! Wonder if it's gonna schedule me at all.

We were told that TMs who were getting special favors like every other weekend were screwed out of that and eventually the system will be automatic and that they won't be able to make changes. I count on this being a clusterfuck.

Last edited:
We've had a link to MyTime in eHR for quite some time now, but we're still using Max. Is it slowly rolling out to everyone, or does our store opt to make the switch?

Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for all the info. Our store is doing the schedule for the peak guest times. I've gotten new shift times...like a 3.5 hour shift....but still have the 7+ hours, too. I wonder when they'll begin to tell us about how we can use this new "My Time."

Our new HR has said that there are no "full-time" workers at our store....we're all part time. Well, there are a few of us who have to keep our hours up so that we can remain eligible for full health care insurance. I'm afraid that Spot is going to make changes with ObamaCare and then I will be "part-time." I'm hoping to be out of the store before we have all the stuff to do for next years' enrollment.

This sounds similar to WFM (Work Force Management) that is used in Canada.

WHen I was working at Best Buy 12ish years ago, we were using a program called CBS - Customer Based Scheduling. My Ops manager said it was the same program that the Gap and Target used. So is it not a return to it in an automatic way? She was always able to tweak it, but the labor numbers for the week came from the prior weeks sales and traffic patterns.

There is massive favoritism in certain spots in our store - which is to be expected. But it would be nice to have 15 hours a week instead of 11.....

Does Target have a minimum shift btw?

Our new HR has said that there are no "full-time" workers at our store....we're all part time. Well, there are a few of us who have to keep our hours up so that we can remain eligible for full health care insurance. I'm afraid that Spot is going to make changes with ObamaCare and then I will be "part-time." I'm hoping to be out of the store before we have all the stuff to do for next years' enrollment.

Oops, sounds like someone said something they should never have to a TM. Those who absolutely need 32+ can be arranged for with TLs, but that is what I presume brought this change on. For example, I have wide open availability during this winter break, and was scheduled 29.75 hours next week. It's a sad reality we're facing but companies don't want to shell out for our health.

Three hours.
Thanks!

I need to let my ETL i'm fine with 3 hours on the weekends or such.... i have a feeling i'm not staying past my 90 anyway - they are bringing on two techs that were FT from the store that is closing. I dunno....

I'd actually be fine with 3 hours a day most days..... I only *need* about 15 hours a week.

Three hours.
Thanks!

I need to let my ETL i'm fine with 3 hours on the weekends or such.... i have a feeling i'm not staying past my 90 anyway - they are bringing on two techs that were FT from the store that is closing. I dunno....

I'd actually be fine with 3 hours a day most days..... I only *need* about 15 hours a week.
You might get lucky with that.

Does anyone on this board actually have MyTime? Or does everyone just have MAX? How is it different?

My store has MyTime. As far as self service, it just looks different and can be accessed from home (unlike MAX). But for scheduling, it generates the schedule based on projected guest traffic rather than being written however leadership wants it.

We have my time. I officially love it because I have been getting 25-30 hours as week and then the week of Christmas it only gave me 17 with Christmas Eve, Christmas (obviously) and the day after off.

yeahhhhhhhhhhh

We must have MyTime, because scheduling has been SUPER wonky the last few weeks, and I peeked at the new schedule for everyone and people did NOT get a lot of hours...only a handful were at 40 and folks who work electronics and such were getting like 12 hours. Crazy.

Our HR TM has said that our store is transitioning to MyTime soon. The "Sales Floor" category in MAX has been replaced by "Hardlines" and "Softlines" in preparation.

Our HR TM has said that our store is transitioning to MyTime soon. The "Sales Floor" category in MAX has been replaced by "Hardlines" and "Softlines" in preparation.

With MyTime, the Sales Floor and Zone workcenters are no more. So at my store, anything that doesn't fit into any other workcenter (pushing CAFs, crowd management, etc.) is listed under Logistics Zone. Also, Backroom Day has been combined with Backroom AM/Overnight in MyTime (i.e. on paper), though the workcenters remain separate in actuality if your leadership has half a brain.

Does that mean time clocks will be different or will they be the same?? We still have Max Self service.

Does that mean time clocks will be different or will they be the same?? We still have Max Self service.

We still use the same time clocks. Our punches still work the same way, it's just the scheduling system software that changed.

Gotcha..... I know it wasn't Max Self-Service but two TMs were complaining up a storm saying I hate EHR! I always get locked out!!! It always happens! I do feel the pain I have been locked out myself :girl_sigh: but it isn't the end of the world lol

MyTime scheduled me 6 days on the newest schedule. :/ And today it only scheduled someone at guest service until 9 pm when we close at 11. Woo?

our HR tells us the management still have power over schedule n its just to make things easier for everyone and attempt to be more fair. we should talk to our leaders if there is issue with schedules still while kinks r worked on n feedback is discussed with upper management about system. so far it has made no difference in our store and everyone schedule is same still it seems n a lot of comment here on it doesn't make sense about any difference. it was just a new programmed system which makes more stability so the same old issues r fixed out but everything is same. think of it as new car engine but the car drives just the same. most of what u all comment were rumors and it is not a corporate automatic scheduling system so not sure where u guys thought that for and thats weird because some team members got scared and talked to HR about it and when she wanted to know where we got that idea they mentioned thebreakroom n she reminded us that there is no reliable information on internet about target n changes n to not belive what is written here. I hope this helps u understand that a computer is not dictating scheduling because or HR said they would be out of a job if that happens because thats priority of jobs to schedule people properly. theres not much different n no one can see any proof of drastic changes at all. its just new programming for the computer and they changed the name. just a system update. some of u just exaggerate these things and its not some complete revamp of target system at all. technology is kind of expensive when it comes to initiating it in so many stores throughout the country n thats a lot of money so it moves slowly n not much changes. there is new technology which is tested out in some stores around country but is too expensive to implement in every store throughout. I like the new talk about pricing and labels being electronic n pricing team will be obsolete in far future as corporate could change price labels from computer but it is expensive technology to mass produce like that n theres too much corporate greed to cough up so much money to do that at this point maybe if they cut hours even more they can though but that would be funny n bad at same time. the idea of chips inserted into products is cool too so that when u move ur basket through sensors it rings everything up at once which eliminates cashiering positions too. its sad that technology can still create more job loss but I guess the shopping experience will improve n be faster cheaper n create more profit. I am glad I come from a wealthy family n parents are corporate members of business which means ill be fine to live if my cashiering job is one day obsolete but who knows. this is interesting era to live in with technology n is fun to watch things be different. I heard one day target might charge us for bags for a fee too one day n that toilets in japan have the ability to test ur sugar levels with new technology. so some team members thought it was funny that when u go to the bathroom at work u will be drug tested on the spot haha that is funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back