Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is not a corporate automatic scheduling system

That is EXACTLY what my ETL-HR told me it is.

no one can see any proof of drastic changes at all

My store's schedules are VERY noticeably different. Shift lengths and times are quite different, and people get scheduled in a LOT more work centers than they used to. On the newest schedule, I'm scheduled in three different work centers. That never happened when we used Max.

Also, your post is painful to read. Please use line breaks and punctuation; I couldn't make it through half your post.

Yep, we were also informed at huddle (and on an ongoing basis after that) that eventually it will be completely automatic with no ability to make overrides. It's not something I heard on the internet, it's what I heard in my own store and am beginning to see with my own eyes. Your information is wrong.

Yep, we were also informed at huddle (and on an ongoing basis after that) that eventually it will be completely automatic with no ability to make overrides. It's not something I heard on the internet, it's what I heard in my own store and am beginning to see with my own eyes. Your information is wrong.

How does this effect TM's with set days off in MAX? Does MyTime allow for set schedule?

I have heard set schedules will become a thing of the past. It will be scheduling to the needs of the business. It also will spread the hours around. IMO there will be very few people who will get 32 hours to save on benefits. But so much of this is speculation at this point. Realistically remember when MAX rolled out? You can see your schedule at home, request time off from home, hardly any edits will be needed or allowed etc etc. See how much of that transpired? I'm not going to get my knickers in a knot about it. If it sucks and disrupts my life, I will simply bid Target adieu

How does this effect TM's with set days off in MAX? Does MyTime allow for set schedule?

We have TMs who somehow managed to finagle every other weekend off. That is gone. We were told that the only way to get set days off would be to change your availability.

The main difference I have seen so far is that we have someone in hard lines and softlines in the morning when we open and only one closer in each at night (instead of two closers). This means that the LODs have to let go of having the entire store zoned by close, because otherwise the person in the morning is just doing zone that has already been done and the closers can't do the same amount of work with less people (though that's never stopped Spot from trying).

I hope tellmeaboutatime is correct. So far, things have been okay, save for a few people losing a few perks the rest of us didn't have. I hope the part about a complete computer schedule doesn't come to pass.

I have heard set schedules will become a thing of the past. It will be scheduling to the needs of the business. It also will spread the hours around. IMO there will be very few people who will get 32 hours to save on benefits. But so much of this is speculation at this point. Realistically remember when MAX rolled out? You can see your schedule at home, request time off from home, hardly any edits will be needed or allowed etc etc. See how much of that transpired? I'm not going to get my knickers in a knot about it. If it sucks and disrupts my life, I will simply bid Target adieu

Exactly, I am curious to see. I remember all this great stuff about MAX too, but it definitely is a free for all now. I hope MyTime does all these things though! I am tired of spending so much time on scheduling (and for anyone who uses MAX alot, I am tired of "processing previous action" over and over)... I would actually really like it if we can do hardly any edits because then it is up to the team member to own their schedule. I hate "you scheduled me on this and this, and I can't work"... sorry the computer did it, its your job to fix it yourself :)

Yep, we were also informed at huddle (and on an ongoing basis after that) that eventually it will be completely automatic with no ability to make overrides.

I really hope this does not happen. Over the last couple of weeks we have had to make edits and have people come in early on Sunday's for Playstation and XBOX's. Since they are in the ad, people line up outside every Sunday. If not for the ability to make those changes, Electronics TM's would just come in at 8 and it would be a disaster as nothing would be ready. I myself have been coming in two hours earlier once a week to do the MIR's because they simply cannot get done during the day.

EDIT: OH and swap shifts! What about that? If no changes could be made, that would be the end of swap shifts. :-(

EDIT: OH and swap shifts! What about that? If no changes could be made, that would be the end of swap shifts. :-(

I don't think swaps would be affected. Just the shift times would be set in stone, not who works those shifts. But you brought up a good point, video game releases would fail even harder than they do now.

That would be in the future. MyTime takes into account TMs' availabilities and time off requests when filling the shifts. Until it becomes fully automatic, HR and leaders can still make edits.

That would be in the future. MyTime takes into account TMs' availabilities and time off requests when filling the shifts. Until it becomes fully automatic, HR and leaders can still make edits.

It also allows them to set what work centers a person can be placed in. So if you aren't trained in pricing, you won't have a check mark by the pricing selection and you won't be scheduled there.

I don't think swaps would be affected. Just the shift times would be set in stone, not who works those shifts. But you brought up a good point, video game releases would fail even harder than they do now.

Well, my store has the habit of keeping us very late. They have to change the schedule after the fact so that no one gets in trouble. Will this be going away, too? Does that mean it will actually become impossible to go over on hours? And what about cutting hours? Does this mean we will only see hour cuts two weeks after a bad sales week?

I would love to see people scheduled a full hour after close and then be forced to actually leave after that full hour, at our store. We've been staying two hours over, meaning that we aren't stepping out of the door until 2am on days other than Sunday. It's consistent and awful.

If hours are cut before the schedule is generated, I would imagine the shifts would be generated proportionally (based on guest traffic), but there would be fewer hours to distribute.

We're almost never scheduled more than 30mins past closing and we never stay after it even if the zone is horrendous (also, a lot of people at my store rely on public transport so staying late would = spending the night at target lol), so that wouldn't even change at my store. Tonight, though, some people were asked to stay til 1.

I kinda assumed it'd be some computer-generated, algorithmy (sorta how netflix learns based on ratings, I'd assume an auto schedule thing would learn eventually from a survey in the beginning, then some manual edits, ) thing before I started working here. I also assumed the sales would just be out of the system at midnight instead of that shooting business. I know they don't do it anymore, but still, it's 2013.

Ah...we no longer do that, but that has nothing to do with the ad coming out of the registers. That's automatic at midnight (as one guest who would not leave last night found out).

if the stl still gets to allocate how he/she sees fit, it's a lost cause. tired of seeing 150 hours of payroll during a 400 hour set week and gettin' grief :)
The problem with the payroll for the sales floor is that is not connected to the workload, but rather to sales.

Yeah the sales have been out of the system since midnight since forever. The scanning the signs thing was just a way to direct TMs to aisles with ad and verify that all the ad signs were taken down so that guest challenge based on an old ad sign wouldn't be an issue. The sale price itself is automatic.

Ah...we no longer do that, but that has nothing to do with the ad coming out of the registers. That's automatic at midnight (as one guest who would not leave last night found out).

We had one of those this morning! My STL was so pissed at her.

Yup, that haha. I was so confused when they started (wrongfully) scheduling me to close Saturdays. We never actually scanned our own ads out in softlines. Someone else did it, somehow and we just pulled them down, but I eventually figured out what all that beeping was in hardlines.

We had one of those this morning! My STL was so pissed at her.

And we had another one tonight, and the 10% thing was already out of the system. Can't these people get that at midnight, it's time for them to go home? Good grief.

Yup, that haha. I was so confused when they started (wrongfully) scheduling me to close Saturdays. We never actually scanned our own ads out in softlines. Someone else did it, somehow and we just pulled them down, but I eventually figured out what all that beeping was in hardlines.

Sounds like someone either keys out your softlines signs or marks them Not Found. My store handles softlines signs the same way because we don't know what "aisle number" they're tied to except in shoes and infant gondolas.

oh, p.s., I mainly thought the sign scanning was dumb because sometimes they fall off early, sometimes they never get put out (looking at you, 40% boot sale sign that gave me a fab surprise today!), and it takes too damn long. Maybe they just need week-long disappearing ink signs. I'm kidding. Or am I? Or color coding. Signs were annoying this past saturday because some were 21, some 24, some 28... and I mistakenly pulled too many signs down, because blind, and lazy.

mytime 2014

Has anyone heard about the new mytime rollout coming soon?? What I know is that all team members will be scheduled 4.5 hours shifts, in order to eliminate lunches etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back