Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that it doesn't schedule cashiers to proper fill to need %... Seen some wonky schedules for cashiers.

Just a question for those of you that have this already. Work centers that always get planned hours taken form them by their STL's ,will they finally be given the hours they deserved?(EX: electronics is planned at 160 hours but STL only gives them 100 and the rest of the hours go to backroom). Will STLs still some how be able to move hours from work center to work center with Mytime?

Nope. MyTime just gutted everything.

Actually, My Time added a lot of hours in many of our departments...my STL is just trying to figure out how to get some of those hours so we have a guest service person past 8:30pm now. *sigh*

the STL can still move hours around. Mine has taken 80 hours each week since we rolled out MyTime from the frontend. It's super frustrating. Also, the fill to need% for the cashiers is actually a lot lot closer than MAX ever was. I've gone from spending 8 hours writing a schedule (that's including breaks, back ups, covering the GSA's breaks, etc) to spending an hour maybe two doing it.
I think the key to MyTime for me is using the preplan on Mondays. We preplan the GSTL/GSA schedule and SD schedule every monday. I spend 30 minutes doing this on monday and then on Wednesday it will pull the rest in the correct way.
It's also really important to make sure you have your team members in the correct primary work center. We've spent a lot of time working this out and 4 weeks in the schedule gets better every single week.

so ... i confirmed this evening that i have zero ability to make a punch correction in mytime. anyone else got this nonsense?
my baby etl-hr doesnt know how to make it happen either.
hooray.

No service desk person & no night cart attendants? Damn you My Time. Not like my GSA position is fulled enough.

There are signs up all over our TSC that the time off request and punch correction are down right now, and have to be done by paper.

My time gave us a cart attendant, which is great...and highly unusual for us. But it took away our guest service person most nights after 830pm, which is terribly bad. The system doesn't realize that while we might not be doing returns, we are busy sorting and making everything brand. And yesterday it scheduled so we didn't have any cashiers after 415pm. But we had 4 people in electronics...needless to say, one of the electronics people was in for an unhappy surprise when she got in to find out she was cashiering.

so ... i confirmed this evening that i have zero ability to make a punch correction in mytime. anyone else got this nonsense?
my baby etl-hr doesnt know how to make it happen either.
hooray.

There are signs up all over our TSC that the time off request and punch correction are down right now, and have to be done by paper.

Same thing happened at my store when we started using MyTime, along with the timeclock working on-and-off for a few days. Just fill out the form until it's up and running.

We are rolling out My Time in April at my store. I will start training on it this coming week . My STL sure has been talking it up like it's going to be great. But after reading all these comments, I'm a little bit skeptical. Maybe a lot skeptical

I actually really like MyTime and am excited for the day when we get all the little things worked out. I personally think it's way better than MAX

We are rolling out My Time in April at my store. I will start training on it this coming week . My STL sure has been talking it up like it's going to be great. But after reading all these comments, I'm a little bit skeptical. Maybe a lot skeptical
Your STL gets paid to implement it and get everyone on board. Take their comments with a grain of salt. However, people are notoriously resistant to change. As a TL, I'm glad that I'll have way less time wasted on the schedule. I'm ready to get MyTime rolled out, but I'm less excited about Spot taking more control from the stores. A one-size-fits-all approach is something I'm skeptical of. It expects every team member to be equal in terms of productivity, which would be ideal though impossible.

Despite these concerns, MyTime is the future I'm ready to start getting it going. The sooner we do, the sooner stores learn how to make it work for their needs.

Last night was the first night of the mytime schedule. Only one cashier after 7:30 and no service desk & cart attendant after 7. It was BRUTAL. How is spot expect the GSA to get carts for trucks, get bathrooms, get bags ready, clear the lot and do guest service and closing?

Last night was the first night of the mytime schedule. Only one cashier after 7:30 and no service desk & cart attendant after 7. It was BRUTAL. How is spot expect the GSA to get carts for trucks, get bathrooms, get bags ready, clear the lot and do guest service and closing?

That's how it is at my store as well. It's ridiculous.

And it only gets worse (which is probably due to "user error" ;)) 3 TMs were scheduled for 4 shifts this week.....each shift in a different work center. 2 of them were scheduled for shifts in work centers for which they have NEVER been trainedo_O

My store doesn't have my time yet, but from what it sounds like, a lot of these issues should be edited by your HR team (I am an HR TM). I know a lot of it pre-generates, but aren't you still able to edit it?

My worry is that we are doing so well with sales, that My Time has started populating schedules that require some insane amounts of coverage (though the lack of guest service TM in the evening is a problem). Regardless, it means we had to go on an unexpected hiring spree. Clearly the colossal number of hours we are getting will eventually go away, and then we will have a lot of TMs and no hours.

Schedule published for this week, they go print the grids for Sunday & Monday, turns out I NCNS for both days. however looking at the published schedule those days were blank for me. Talk about a cluster.

My TL had to wonder who the F edited the schedule after it posted.

I now make sure I photograph that sucker every week, I did already but now I won't be deleting them after I write it in my calendar.

Schedule published for this week, they go print the grids for Sunday & Monday, turns out I NCNS for both days. however looking at the published schedule those days were blank for me. Talk about a cluster.

I now make sure I photograph that sucker every week, I did already but now I won't be deleting them after I write it in my calendar.
I've been printing mine in EHR.

And in my case it has been that hours were taken AWAY from me after it was posted.....

I've been printing mine in EHR.

And in my case it has been that hours were taken AWAY from me after it was posted.....

You hit back with I will work my posted schedule. If you agree to leave early - ok. Them telling you to leave early - Not Ok.

You hit back with I will work my posted schedule. If you agree to leave early - ok. Them telling you to leave early - Not Ok.
Well.... it has been complicated - it was between the pharmacy and the front end.

Never ONCE did my ETL team side with me working the posted schedule. The STL even said to work the adjusted not posted.

I'm over it.... and reduced my availability and no longer say "yes" to all the hours they try to offer me. For 3 weeks I was scheduled 4 hours because the front end was leaving me open for when the pharmacy stole me. I'm flat broke, but my kids deserve to know ahead of time when I'm working.... not day to day.

I'm 99% sure they are trying to get me to quit, because of a variety of reasons I don't think they can currently fire me. Although I do feel like i'm being watched.... looking for something to be a valid reason to get rid of me.

My work from him job fell thru last week, i'm back trying to sort something out to be done.

Well.... it has been complicated - it was between the pharmacy and the front end.

Never ONCE did my ETL team side with me working the posted schedule. The STL even said to work the adjusted not posted.

I'm over it.... and reduced my availability and no longer say "yes" to all the hours they try to offer me. For 3 weeks I was scheduled 4 hours because the front end was leaving me open for when the pharmacy stole me. I'm flat broke, but my kids deserve to know ahead of time when I'm working.... not day to day.

I'm 99% sure they are trying to get me to quit, because of a variety of reasons I don't think they can currently fire me. Although I do feel like i'm being watched.... looking for something to be a valid reason to get rid of me.

My work from him job fell thru last week, i'm back trying to sort something out to be done.

Sorry to hear you're going through all of that.
Hope things get better for you soon.

^^ I understand, wading through bullshit just runs you down. I have been dealing with home stress(family member emergency surgery) so the schedule BS my TL really stepped in and stomped it down. Two reasons she writes my schedule and knowing what I was dealing with I was not going to come in even if they called me.

Family member will be fine, just one of those serious but when caught quickly is just scary more than life threatening things.

Sorry to hear you're going through all of that.
Hope things get better for you soon.

Thanks, i have to say it has been overall a great week at home. Which we needed really. I'm scheduled off on Saturday - we will see if they call. I might take it because for a change we are on track on things here at home.

I guess it is just the tilt of being home more than there that makes the difference. That and not starting until after 1.

Who know what the next schedule will bring... maybe it won't matter as much because my ex will decide to pay his support? Wishful thinking....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back