Archived Bye Bye MAX FSTL.... Hello MY TIME........

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link is up on eHR! Clicking it leads to a page that says: "You do not have access to myTime Self Service. Please contact your ETL-HR if you received this message in error."

The link is up on eHR! Clicking it leads to a page that says: "You do not have access to myTime Self Service. Please contact your ETL-HR if you received this message in error."

Yea, I saw that a couple days ago. I hope they've changed their standpoint on requesting time off and viewing your schedule from home. Otherwise, idc so much haha

The training for it is already on my training and development if anyone is interested in learning more about it. I've only skimmed it.

On the one hand, I'm looking forward to a change because MAX is so awful. But then I think how terrible the software roll outs have typically been and I'm feeling a little queasy at the prospect. I write the schedule for five work centers in a super high volume store. Should I go ahead and shoot myself now or wait until the first few weeks of torture?

For anyone else using mytime, can anyone tell me how I can change my availability/request time off on it?

After you're logged in, you should see a screen showing your recently submitted requests. To submit a request, view your schedule, or anything else, hit one of the buttons on the left side. The request forms are similar to the ones in MAX, if I remember correctly.

My Time...(Target time at work)

I need a little bit of an explanation of what My Time really mean ?

Can someone explain the concept and what it "expected" to do and how it is supposed to work.

I'm not needing to get feedback about it.....I am wanting to understand the plan before it gets rolled out.

At the moment, just explain it......I don't want to hear about all the bad stuff that might happen. I just want to understand what this new My Time program is all about. I don't recall hearing that phrase from people in my store....so get me up to speed, please.

I'm going to guess that my store isn't rolling out MyTime till sometime next year, maybe January? We are still using MAX at this point. We are neck deep in 4th quarter now, and switching over right NOW would just make things crazier.

Basically it's going to pull from the list based on availability. If no one has a perfect match for the shift, no one is schedules and HR will have to manually fill it as best they can. It's all about guest traffic supposedly. It also is a step to prevent favoritism and other such things from affecting the schedule. You will be asked to open your availability as much as you can so you don't see your hours drop low. It also combines time off requests with vacation pay requests making that easier. We can view our schedules from home which is great for those last minute changes that could happen. You can also request time off up to 6 months in advance now.

One super nice feature is it allows you to have 6 work centers listed that you can be pulled for, like my list should look like: Instocks, Hardlines, Backroom, Market, Cashier (it currently doesn't for reasons).

I think that's just about everything. I hated it at first and saw my hours suffer. My workcenters still aren't correctly listed but that will be fixed likely today. Just be preparedfor strange shifts and be prepared to stay past your scheduled time.

I'm going to guess that my store isn't rolling out MyTime till sometime next year, maybe January? We are still using MAX at this point. We are neck deep in 4th quarter now, and switching over right NOW would just make things crazier.

Like that's ever stopped Spot:wacko:.

Like that's ever stopped Spot:wacko:.

My store is also still using Max, perhaps there are still bugs to iron out before it launches through out all the stores?

Basically it's going to pull from the list based on availability. If no one has a perfect match for the shift, no one is schedules and HR will have to manually fill it as best they can. It's all about guest traffic supposedly. It also is a step to prevent favoritism and other such things from affecting the schedule. You will be asked to open your availability as much as you can so you don't see your hours drop low. It also combines time off requests with vacation pay requests making that easier. We can view our schedules from home which is great for those last minute changes that could happen. You can also request time off up to 6 months in advance now.

Sounds great. I prob won't be asked to open my availability. I'm only not available for one hour for 4 days of the week. Closing alone or with one other person more than 2x per week wasn't my cup of tea, so I closed it a bit. My etl goes outside of availability all the time, though, and I don't want to work anywhere outside of my availability even if it is only an hour. I would like to have a life. Viewing the schedules from home sounds... like Target is finally catching up.

Scheduling was done automatically like this at my old job, and every Sunday bright and early you could sign in and add shifts/hours if there were some unaccounted for (there always were, but they usually went quickly). If they didn't fill all shifts, your manager would offer it to you. It was never them manually adding things outside of availability without asking. I assume in these situations, my etl will be scheduling people outside of availability, though.

My store is still on MAX, too. I hope we switch over soon!! I'd really love to be able to view my schedule from home. I'm always so paranoid that I've written it down wrong or forgotten a shift switch...

My store is still using max, but I noticed today in eHR that there was a link that said my time on it. So maybe we're getting close? I have no idea.

There was an email sent out awhile ago that they were shelving MyTime until next year. Actually decided not to roll it out during 4th quarter which with their record you'd think they would have.

I worry it will mess with the store dynamics. For instance, say in Market there's two people: one is better at opening, doing cleaning tasks, and receiving trucks, and the other is better at closing, doing the cull and qmos, filling, and zoning. Under the current system, the TL has the ability to schedule based not only on availability, but also strengths. It sounds like under MyTime, we would lose that. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

i Hope its not automatic. my team basically has a set schedule. it would suck if this new system didn't let our tl do our schedule.

I worry it will mess with the store dynamics. For instance, say in Market there's two people: one is better at opening, doing cleaning tasks, and receiving trucks, and the other is better at closing, doing the cull and qmos, filling, and zoning. Under the current system, the TL has the ability to schedule based not only on availability, but also strengths. It sounds like under MyTime, we would lose that. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Yes, that will be out the door. Bear with it for the first few weeks and then once things straighten out your TL might be able to make adjustments, or availabilities can be switched to those hours only.

If it's anything like Macy's system, you can put in preferences like that. Like, I was on-call, technically, but they gave us "options" and I was "option 5" which meant I was guaranteed at least 8 hours (or maybe it was more, I don't remember) on the weekend. If you have a schedule where your shifts are always the same week to week, they could configure that as well. If mytime has these options, they should be doing all those settings before it rolls out in-store, but my store's "leadership" never preps for anything other than visits, so I'm sure it'll be a disaster at first.

It wasn't all auto-pilot at macy's though. Managers can go in and make changes to things they don't like. I'd imagine mytime won't be completely automatic, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back