Archived Calboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
re INDYME... unfortunately there does not appear to be a code for "fast service needed at Guest Services" :(

re INDYME... unfortunately there does not appear to be a code for "fast service needed at Guest Services" :(
gp43urt78ezz.jpg

Y'all have a seasonal call button? Jealous. Ours is always paged as automotive, but nobody ever needs help in automotive, so you know it's people really asking about seasonal stuff.

I really feel like the call buttons should just say the aisle location instead of a department. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "team where is that call button?" over the walkie when one of our obscure ones goes off. "Fast service needed at G1" would be easier than "Fast service needed in Market", IMO, and recording all the letters and numbers would give pretty much any combination a store would need.

I really feel like the call buttons should just say the aisle location instead of a department. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "team where is that call button?" over the walkie when one of our obscure ones goes off. "Fast service needed at G1" would be easier than "Fast service needed in Market", IMO, and recording all the letters and numbers would give pretty much any combination a store would need.

YES! I've "exceeded" because I've gone to the wrong phone in the general location because it's not intuitive which phone they're talking about when there are a couple in a small area.

Right? Our Market and Seasonal phones are not that far apart from each other

YES! I've "exceeded" because I've gone to the wrong phone in the general location because it's not intuitive which phone they're talking about when there are a couple in a small area.
Like "domestics" vs. "housewares". Or "seasonal" and "seasonal call button".

Housewares & small appliances, toys vs. sporting goods, domestics vs. furniture vs. home storage... Most H&B calls are for a grocery aisle...

Our toys and sporting goods buttons are one aisle apart from each other.

My store made little pocket sized things that have the locations of all the call buttons and their corresponding voice call. We have a stack of them near the time clock for TMs to use.

Are you sure? I know I have heard calls for backup to guest service.
I don’t mean “additional cashiers to guest service”. We have a call button we occasionally use at GS for “fast service”

We went through a home innovation remodel right before BTC last summer. For several months, they didn’t re-program any of our call boxes. So, the small appliances button was in home storage, the home storage button was in Smith & Hawkin, etc. Thankfully the larger depts (seasonal, toys, grocery) didn’t move. It was funny to see new seasonal TMs who were hired post-remodel try to navigate the ones that did though!

I wish we had the “carry out” buttons at the registers :rolleyes: *adds to extended wish list*
Isn't that supposed to be a register key or something? Like one of the function things? (As you can tell, I'm not cashier trained)

I think if you hit the help button, there is an option for carry out. Only problem is I don't know if that alert works with the Zebras and also, that menu can crash registers really easy
Isn't that supposed to be a register key or something? Like one of the function things? (As you can tell, I'm not cashier trained)
Yea it’s help then carry out but they don’t use that at my house, they put their help light on and call the GSTL over to ask for a carry out. The help option takes a long time, they need a carry out button alone lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back