Archived Call of Duty: Black Ops II Midnight Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's tonight! How many of you have stores that are participating? Are you working it in Electronics? What are the plans at your store for crowd control/demo station/selling the game?

I'm so upset that my store isn't doing this. We do have a GameStop, Best Buy, AND Walmart in the same shopping center as us so that could be a reason. Still, it would be cool to experience.

I wouldn't say that that's the reason, as my Target also has all three stores in the same shopping center, and we're doing one.

I've been trying to find out from my TL and ETL what the game plan is for tonight for the past 2 weeks. I've gotten, "Uh, I don't know." every time. I guess we're winging it! :D

Argh. I cannot tell you how many people I had calling today to ask me if we were doing it. One guy yelled at me because we weren't and I couldn't tell him who was. I suggested he try the website and he said he tried calling corporate and they didn't know either. Then he threatened to go buy a tv from Best Buy instead of us. Had I not been on an express lane when he called I probably could have grabbed the iPad to check for myself that it didn't say.

Yep, in under 30 seconds I was able to find the four stores in our district doing it, if only he had bothered to go online like I suggested.

Ugh, can't wait till tomorrow. My store isn't doing the midnight release yet we've been getting calls after calls about it. I do have to say that this game has to be one of the most successful preorders ever for my store,we racked up over 200 preorders for the game.

Ours was pretty blah. We had about 34 people get a copy and got them through the registers in under 6-7 minutes. Our STL actually got in her truck and drove across the frontage road to best buy and game stop while they still had a line and told them we had no line and plenty of copies to go around. It got us a few more people after the intial rush!

^^ Nice lol.

Ours was extremely boring.... We got through the initial rush in about 3-5 minutes. We were scheduled 5 cashiers from 12-1:15am. We sold a total of 25 or 26 copies I think? (including TMs buying it on break).

Was an epic fail...... Pretty much every TM (including me) was a zombie by 1am.

^^ Nice lol.

Ours was extremely boring.... We got through the initial rush in about 3-5 minutes. We were scheduled 5 cashiers from 12-1:15am. We sold a total of 25 or 26 copies I think? (including TMs buying it on break).

Was an epic fail...... Pretty much every TM (including me) was a zombie by 1am.

less than 20 here

Anyone Remember the Breaking Dawn midnight release? I think it's safe to say, any sort of midnight release will fail at Target. And the only reason I think Walmart goes along with this stuff is, They actually have Employees scheduled that can handle the minor crowds. This is really just a waste of every Team Members time.. although, I'm sure many could disagree with me.

Maybe it's good we didn't do the midnight release then... we sold plenty of copies all day in fact the whole department seemed way busier than normal. I do entertainment revisions/new release, and I barely got any work done since I had to help with guest service. I mean, I guess Brave, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, AND Call of Duty all came out so it was understandably busy, but wow today was definitely the eye opener that the holiday season has arrived.

Was definitely the most interesting 239 pickup i've ever done though... Haha

Our store didn't have it. My bf who works at a 24 hour Walmart said he had 60 people.

How about the Hardened editions or care packages? I couldn't attend due to school the next morning, but my electronics friend and team lead who closed the midnight release said we sold about 80+ we started to gather a line at around 10 ish before I left at 11, and just started laughing. And our twilight mid night release went surisingly well also! I guess we have those types of people here who need the hyped up items once they release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back