• Thread starter targetgirl123456
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

targetgirl123456

When a quest needs help with something & it's in the department i'm working in, when I get to the call box I wait for the operator to come on, and then I press # and the line number? Just wondering I'm new.

I'm not sure if this is the same at all stores but if there is a call on "35" for market, I would:

1) get to a phone asap
2) take the phone off the hook
3) Hit 35
4) Talk to the guest

When a quest needs help with something & it's in the department i'm working in, when I get to the call box I wait for the operator to come on, and then I press # and the line number? Just wondering I'm new.

For most stores, yes, do just as you described. (If by operator you meant the computer recording, anyway)

For most stores, yes, do just as you described. (If by operator you meant the computer recording, anyway)

This, also at our store there is like a 4 second delay from after you enter the number to when you actually are connected with the guest. You could go through your whole, "This is so-and-so CIHYFS?" and have to repeat it cause you forgot to wait. That's at my store at least..

At my store we go to the nearest phone for the department being called. Try to take a PDA with you! Most callers have DPCI numbers.
1. After you reach the phone pick it up and list for the automated message to begin playing.
2. Shortly after the message begins punch in #2280 or #2281 (numbers depend on store)
3. Wait a couple of seconds (like VibeNUp said, there is a delay) and then talk with the guest

If you don't know what numbers to punch in ask a TM or anyone who works at your store.

This, also at our store there is like a 4 second delay from after you enter the number to when you actually are connected with the guest. You could go through your whole, "This is so-and-so CIHYFS?" and have to repeat it cause you forgot to wait. That's at my store at least..

Well this makes sense...I never knew that there was a dely, now i know why it seems like no one hears me when I first answer the phone...it's because they can't.

Well this makes sense...I never knew that there was a dely, now i know why it seems like no one hears me when I first answer the phone...it's because they can't.

If you listen closely, you should be able to hear when the link goes active, as you can suddenly hear the person on the other side breathing/background noise/whatever, as opposed to just a silent line.

If you listen closely, you should be able to hear when the link goes active, as you can suddenly hear the person on the other side breathing/background noise/whatever, as opposed to just a silent line.

I answered a call in Toys and she was singing... I thought I was on hold. ;)

Also: I just learned how to answer the phones and I've been working since August. Also: I recently learned, after getting *****ed at, how to turn off the call boxes in Electronics, the ones where you hit the top flashing light. It kept going off and I was like, "WTF... I'm here!" LOL

I answered a call in Toys and she was singing... I thought I was on hold. ;)

Also: I just learned how to answer the phones and I've been working since August. Also: I recently learned, after getting *****ed at, how to turn off the call boxes in Electronics, the ones where you hit the top flashing light. It kept going off and I was like, "WTF... I'm here!" LOL

They're called indymes.
And, your service score must be horrible. Clearing indymes in a timely manner and making sure people know about and fill out the surveys on the receipts are the deciding factors on that score.
I know that's not the point of this thread and I probably necro'd it, but I just thought I'd put in my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back