Archived Calling other Target Stores for Guests/How to use Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
only issue (at least at my store) is there aren’t many people who can back up the service desk. stl gets mad at gsas/ gstls for backing up the service desk because we aren’t in front of the lanes. we do it anyway if needed, but then we have to be prepared to be yelled at and made to feel like trash.

I use my own phone to google the store phone number and then the red guest service phone to call lol I guess I never thought of having surrounding stores’ phone numbers written down that’s smart 😂
Dial 20+the store number (1015) and it will connect you automatically. Also that's not the store number I work at.

Wow so many different responses. Part of going above and beyond and making that guest’s day is doing what you can to locate the item. So if that takes a few extra minutes to help the guest by calling another store then so be it and if you need to call back up to the guest service that’s what you do.

Like people said, though, it depends on if their boss is going to accept that as an excuse for not getting their work done, or calling a back up. With hours and ownerships as they are, it doesn't feel like the company itself is putting a lot of investment into guest service.
Especially when they'd rather you use that giant Zebra to order it for a guest online (when they could much more easily do it themselves) than send them to another store.

Like people said, though, it depends on if their boss is going to accept that as an excuse for not getting their work done, or calling a back up. With hours and ownerships as they are, it doesn't feel like the company itself is putting a lot of investment into guest service.
Especially when they'd rather you use that giant Zebra to order it for a guest online (when they could much more easily do it themselves) than send them to another store.
Anyone’s boss who is going to get onto them for going that extra little bit to call another store to help a guest is really just a jerk because that’s where target’s focus is going to more and more guest service. While the truck process may not be working for most of us and we all complain about it I can also see where target is trying to have more team members on the floor to help the guest when they are there shopping. those giant zebras are fantastic, I usually offer to check another store for a guest or order it online for them which ever THEY choose. The goal is to find the item for the guest one way or another to make that sale and make the guest happy to come back. I know that the only reason I have a job is because of people coming into target and shopping and I will challenge anyone of my leaders if they think I shouldn’t be giving the guest service I do. ASANTS of course but giving great guest service is priority in my store and telling a guest “I don’t have time to call another store” will get you coached in a heartbeat.

This is not very guest friendly. ASANTS.

must be nice to work at such a slow store where you have time to personally hold every guest's hand and make phone calls like some sort of concierge, but for those of us who work at stores where guests do returns we have to prioritize. sorry.

must be nice to work at such a slow store where you have time to personally hold every guest's hand and make phone calls like some sort of concierge, but for those of us who work at stores where guests do returns we have to prioritize. sorry.
Sorry, but I do not work at such a slow store where I have time to personally hold every guest's hand. I do many tasks at GS and one of them is calling another store to see if there is an item....it is called Guest Service.

Sorry, but I do not work at such a slow store where I have time to personally hold every guest's hand. I do many tasks at GS and one of them is calling another store to see if there is an item....it is called Guest Service.

yes, it's called Guest Service not Concierge Lady Spends Time Away From Other Guests To Pointlessly Call Another Store

You might think it is pointless, but the guest does not. After all, we are there for the guest. My store leaders would not be very happy if I did what you do. ASANTS.

spend 20 minutes on the phone for one guest with something that doesn't REALLY require your help while 6 other guests wait for assistance. now THAT'S great guest service! we're there to assist guests, not hold their hands and play concierge. i wish i worked at such a low volume store! god i'm really glad i don't work with you lmao

spend 20 minutes on the phone for one guest with something that doesn't REALLY require your help while 6 other guests wait for assistance. now THAT'S great guest service! we're there to assist guests, not hold their hands and play concierge. i wish i worked at such a low volume store! god i'm really glad i don't work with you lmao
I work at either A or AA (can't remember which) and we call for guests. Good guest service happens at high volume stores too :)

Honestly I consider it a form of making it right. We don't have the item in stock, so I'm gonna make it right and call another store and check (or offer my checkout lol)

I work at either A or AA (can't remember which) and we call for guests. Good guest service happens at high volume stores too :)

Honestly I consider it a form of making it right. We don't have the item in stock, so I'm gonna make it right and call another store and check (or offer my checkout lol)

if there's NO ONE ELSE waiting in line, maybe give another store a call. but if you've got other guest's waiting you're just wasting their time. that's not good guest service and unlike "calling other stores", "speed of return" is an actual metric in myGuest. you're doing a disservice to other guests waiting.

I mean if theres a long line and busy, it wouldnt consider it an option. You can't hold up the other people behind them too. I mean it can be considered Good Guest Service but you really have to considerate to other people. Honestly I've called other stores before and given them the number and dpci to check, I've given them "oh, x store has 10 on hand, just call to check!" Most are happy to call them selves

m.
Most of the time it takes five minutes to call another store to check for an item. If I start to get a line I am able to multi-task by waiting on the phone and processing a return. If I need additional help then I am to call my GSTL, those are my instructions. Yes, we are there to assist guests and there are some that require handholding. If you have photo, registries, and order placement you know what I am talking about. Again, I am not in a low volume store and I am able to make it work. I don't appreciate your condescension and belittling comments. I am great at what I do and I am able to make it work.

m.
Most of the time it takes five minutes to call another store to check for an item. If I start to get a line I am able to multi-task by waiting on the phone and processing a return. If I need additional help then I am to call my GSTL, those are my instructions. Yes, we are there to assist guests and there are some that require handholding. If you have photo, registries, and order placement you know what I am talking about. Again, I am not in a low volume store and I am able to make it work. I don't appreciate your condescension and belittling comments. I am great at what I do and I am able to make it work.

Just say "No, but I can give you their phone number." Boom, 15 seconds vs. your 5 minutes.

A+ store here.
We print out the list of stores that have the item & give it to the guest.
It has the locations, phone & # of miles from our store & we write the item count & circle the DPCI so they can call.

A+ store here.
We print out the list of stores that have the item & give it to the guest.
It has the locations, phone & # of miles from our store & we write the item count & circle the DPCI so they can call.
That was merch locate and has been disabled for almost a year now, unless you mean you write all that out for the guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back