Archived calliung in sick wihtout a phone help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i accidentally posted this is the wrong place the first time so im going to try it again. "So as we speak im laying in bed on my laptop with a bucket next to me ready to catch my puke.... but my shift starts soon and i dont have a phone to call in with, what options do i have so they dont think im just NCNS'ing? or do i just have to try to explain myself tommorow? also i work in deli and we are pretty short staffed so i really hate not being able to come in since most likely they will have one person there by themselves for 2-4 hours attachFull954"

Attachments

• upload_2015-6-26_15-11-19.png
    upload_2015-6-26_15-11-19.png
    95 bytes · Views: 31
I believe Google has a service (Voice?) that can call a landline. It used to have a free trial (not sure if it still does or not) but as long as your laptop has a mic (most do), it should be enough to get a hold of your store. Plus I highly recommend getting a cheap prepaid burner (I think we have them for like $20) phone. You never know when something like this (or worse) will pop up.

I would drag myself out of bed, grab the bucket, and take it to wherever the phone is.

Bonus if you vomit while on the phone with the LOD.

Otherwise it will still be a NCNS (they might go easy if you can get a doctors note before your next shift).

The only time a NCNS is excused at my store is if it's an early morning shift and the opening TL forgets to put the phone on night ring (your calls don't go through).

@LogisticsFox thank you for the google voice advice it helped a lot! @Bullseyes i did email them first to be safe, but i think it will still be considered ncns if i dont call :(. @SFSFun It wasnt that i didnt wanna get out of bed, i literally had no phone since mine was sent in to get fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back