Archived Can a business ban a customer? (read description)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first time the guy left before we could really do anything. Idk why the cops weren't called yesterday.

The girl working the AP desk thought we could just ban anyone if they become irate. The general manager says different
Theoretically, you probably could....and maybe if more businesses DID, people would be less likely to be assholes...

The problem with "ban(ning) anyone if they become irate" is that everyone has a different view of what irate" is. Someone who is particularly sensitive could see someone who raises their voice slightly as being irate, while another person may just see it as "venting," yet another may say they have to swear, and a fourth may say they have to be foaming at the mouth and red in the face from screaming.

Theoretically, you probably could....and maybe if more businesses DID, people would be less likely to be assholes...

The problem with "ban(ning) anyone if they become irate" is that everyone has a different view of what irate" is. Someone who is particularly sensitive could see someone who raises their voice slightly as being irate, while another person may just see it as "venting," yet another may say they have to swear, and a fourth may say they have to be foaming at the mouth and red in the face from screaming.

She meant if a customer wants to get in employees faces and get behind the counter. The customer did not just do it to me, he also went to geek squad and tried to get behind the counter. He also demanded to have the geek squad employees glasses because he couldn't see.

She meant if a customer wants to get in employees faces and get behind the counter. The customer did not just do it to me, he also went to geek squad and tried to get behind the counter. He also demanded to have the geek squad employees glasses because he couldn't see.
That's not irate, that's harassment. Him physically throwing the basket at the AP could be considered assault, going behind the counters would be trespassing, and he should be arrested. You could probably press criminal charges against him for petty assault (if it exists in your state)

An irate customer usually has a reason for his anger, this guy just sounds either delusional or he's just trying to see how far he can go....

That's not irate, that's harassment. Him physically throwing the basket at the AP could be considered assault, going behind the counters would be trespassing, and he should be arrested. You could probably press criminal charges against him for petty assault (if it exists in your state)

An irate customer usually has a reason for his anger, this guy just sounds either delusional or he's just trying to see how far he can go....

It sounds like he has mental problems. Believe me I wish the general manager WOULD do something about this guy instead of letting him come in and harass employees

Whenever I saw TMs termed for stealing they were banned from the store for 6 months or 2 years depending on the circumstances.

It sounds like he has mental problems. Believe me I wish the general manager WOULD do something about this guy instead of letting him come in and harass employees
If you feel unsafe, report it. The laws state they have to provide a "safe working environment..." And those are FEDERAL laws so there's no getting around them.

Update on crazy guy (sorry if my grammar is kind of crappy I've been doing a bunch of home work and it's late at night, lol)

He was there on Saturday when i was at work (I opened), he didn't really do anything except walk around the store. Apparently him and one of the managers had it out a while back (the crazy guy was apparently threatening one of the geek squad people) and the manager told him if he was going to keep on doing it (threatening employees) that he would be kicked out of the store.

Just wanted to give everyone an update

Update on crazy guy (sorry if my grammar is kind of crappy I've been doing a bunch of home work and it's late at night, lol)

He was there on Saturday when i was at work (I opened), he didn't really do anything except walk around the store. Apparently him and one of the managers had it out a while back (the crazy guy was apparently threatening one of the geek squad people) and the manager told him if he was going to keep on doing it (threatening employees) that he would be kicked out of the store.

Just wanted to give everyone an update
They should have banned him right there and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back