Archived Can a GSA apply for....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a GSA apply to become a GSTL at another neighboring store?
OR would a promotion have to come internally, or offered to you?

Can a GSA apply to become a GSTL at another neighboring store?
OR would a promotion have to come internally, or offered to you?

She has to get approval from her old store first though anytime you apply at another store your etl hr/sr hr gets an email.

We have had some people trying to ditch our store end up with egg on their face when they didn't say anything and then the potential new store turns them down when they find out they didnt follow protocol.

When you apply for a position it warns you to notify your current store.

That said it's possible to make the move without being on the bench but being the bench helps. She should ask to do a bench interview.

If you're trying to promote without going through the pipeline/bench process it's going to be difficult. Not impossible, but it means that either your current store leadership doesn't think you're ready to promote, or they don't know you're interested in it.

A friend became a GSTL at my higher-volume store after a transfer from a neighboring lower-volume where she was a GSA. Her original store only had one GSTL position and it wasn't opening up anytime soon. She had a lot of retail management experience before Target, and was popular with tms and leadership.

That's the thing, some people hate their or whatever for whatever reason. It's bs that you need to let them know if you want to apply to another Target. What if your leaders are assholes and you're just trying to get our quick?

That's the thing, some people hate their or whatever for whatever reason. It's bs that you need to let them know if you want to apply to another Target. What if your leaders are assholes and you're just trying to get our quick?

Because why would you hire someone who can't face up to you they want to leave? If your leaders treat you poorly they probably don't care if you leave.

Of course you can. After my brother did his etl interview they asked about family in the store. And I was advised of the situation, and applied for an Open TL job at a "nearby" store.

@HRZone, Leadership could also just be "Throwing Shade".. I've seen many people that should have been promoted in store have to either quit and find employment elsewhere or whatever just because Leadership was either immature or just to proud to admit they were in the wrong. When you have certain people in power, it's difficult for anything to change. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back