Can anyone point to the exact location of this policy or have a copy of it?

Amaylyn

"THIS SUM BULLS-...eye."
I've been scouring the team member handbook and the Code of Ethics but I've only seen reference to the guidelines and the not the actual policy. It's the one where you can't check out your family members or your friends if you're a cashier. I quit Target but a former TM was just threatened with termination for cashing out another TM because they were friendly with each other (they met at Target and were in a flirtationship when she was threatened, he received no reprimand). I don't have access to Workday/Workbench because my TM number is deactivated, so I sent her to the TM Handbook but it wasn't there, then I sent her to the Code of Ethics and it wasn't there, either. We want to see how specific it gets. Now, we've asked HR but that conversation went like:

"Where's the written policy?"
"Tell me the situation."
"We just wanna know what section is it under?"
"Understood. You should check with your team lead."

So that's how that went. Everyone I ask just says to look it up but we have and we can't find it. Anyone have a pic? A copy? Thanks in advance!

Yeah definitely nothing preventing you from ringing someone up that is a family member or friend but obviously you have to follow team member discount guidelines and not be applying your team member discount to their transaction. Also making any other price adjustments or discounts to the transaction would be something AP would investigate as an internal case if it’s found to be a pattern. Don’t do anything that would draw attention to you though even if you aren’t doing anything inherently wrong. If they happen to go through your lane that’s one thing but if they are always seeking your lane or you are giving them direction to only go through your lane that may be hot water you don’t want to be in.

I was told we are not to check out our kids or spouse. Chances are they would be using our discount, so there is that. But friends? You can ring them out, but if you do any price overrides or whatever, expect to be watched by AP

Back