Can I behave however I want during my final two weeks?

As of yesterday, my two weeks notice is in and Friday 9th is going to be my last day at Target. My simple question is this: Can I behave however I want? I was honestly ready to quit without notice but the only thing stopping me was that my new job doesn't actually start for roughly a four more weeks. I figured thad I'd stay and work my final two weeks, but what's stopping me from acting how I want? I'm talking about basically just not really putting in any effort in my work and even giving some attitude to the ETL's.

Worst case scenario is that they just fire me before my two weeks is up, but so what? I'm leaving anyway and I couldn't care less about my future or reputation with the company. I can blatantly tell a TM when they've asked me a painfully stupid question. I can give my ETL the silent treatment whenever he tries to talk to me. I can ignore my SD's stupid rule of no longer bringing in food for other TL's and go back to bringing in donuts and coffee to my TL peers. What's stopping me?

If you're thinking of acting in this manner, I wouldn't put in your two weeks. If you are unable to handle working out the two weeks in a mature way, just stop showing up.

It really sounds like you're looking to cause more drama before you leave, which I'm sure you're store doesn't need.

You should absolutely put on an entire broadway production about the fact that you're leaving. Make as little effort possible with the worst attitude you can have. Tell guests to eff off if they need help. Tell your team lead you don't feel like pulling those one for one's today. Walk around the store proudly proclaiming that you're taking your leave and that everyone should be jealous that you're finally escaping that raging dumpster fire of a store. And when you do it try to add as much dramatic flair as you possibly can. Perhaps throwing a scarf over your shoulder as you exit.

And if you really want to go for gold. Spill the tea about the team member who's getting free chips and dip for sleeping with the frito lay vendor. Spill everyone's juicy secrets that they told to you in confidence.

I'm assuming this is the type of answer you wanted. But you should actually just leave this forum and stop making up Bullshit stories.

I'm just going to say it, you don't have a strong work ethic. And I'm not saying you don't work hard. Maybe you do. But having a good work ethic is putting in the effort even when it's difficult, even when you're pissed off, even when you think things are unfair. And someday you may find yourself needing Target again. If you work on your work ethic, maybe not.

None of you are really answering my question. I'm asking what exactly is going to keep me in line aside from just a sense of decency, integrity, and workplace ethic.

You can get away with a lot in your last 2 weeks but if you want to be bitchy and insubordinate you can be termed in an at will state.

do whatever you want because none of it is real anyway

but its worth noting that if any of this is real and you are like this For Real someday somebody is going to absolutely demolish you and you will never come back from it. best of luck!

You can get away with a lot in your last 2 weeks but if you want to be bitchy and insubordinate you can be termed in an at will state.
This is honestly the only answer that I was looking for. I couldn't care less about if they actually end up firing me. I'm leaving anyway,

None of you are really answering my question. I'm asking what exactly is going to keep me in line aside from just a sense of decency, integrity, and workplace ethic.
Well the question was "Can I behave however I want during my final two weeks?" Of course you can, you can act however you want in life no matter how much people judge you for your behavior. But it seems you weren't asking a serious question and you were just venting and wanted people to tell you what you wanted to hear.

This is honestly the only answer that I was looking for. I couldn't care less about if they actually end up firing me. I'm leaving anyway,
Does this mean that you'll stop acting immaturely and put in your two weeks without any of the behaviors you listed in the OP like giving your SD the silent treatment or breaking the rules and bringing in food for the other team leads?

Also, why did you even bother asking about this if you don't care about Target and you don't care if you're re-hireable?

Yep do whatever you want. Everything is fair play. In fact you really should escalate things.

Punch a coworker in the face. Steal some expensive products. Eat the fruits and vegetables right out of grocery.

Its really important you also come into work drunk. Maybe run around the store nude. Definitely should let out some derogatory slurs towards guests.

Also make sure you do this in front of cameras and record yourself and post it on social media. Just so you can enjoy it for future viewings.

Absolutely nothing bad will happen and 0 negative consequences will come of this.

Let us know when you're going to live stream this and let us know the store number.

Thanks!

The show got cancelled?
Previous chapters of the op:
Being treated unfairly:
Noise on the walkie:
New sd
Partying & dating

Last edited:
If you want fired and marked as do not hire And everyone thinking you are an immature child….go for it.

Yep do whatever you want. Everything is fair play. In fact you really should escalate things.

Punch a coworker in the face. Steal some expensive products. Eat the fruits and vegetables right out of grocery.

Its really important you also come into work drunk. Maybe run around the store nude. Definitely should let out some derogatory slurs towards guests.

Also make sure you do this in front of cameras and record yourself and post it on social media. Just so you can enjoy it for future viewings.

Absolutely nothing bad will happen and 0 negative consequences will come of this.

Let us know when you're going to live stream this and let us know the store number.

Thanks!

This is exactly what I was going to request.

IDC what you do, video it. Post it here. Who cares, right?

Back