Archived can i call out

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i have school off tomorrow obv but i have to write two papers. ive been busy all weekend and if i do go in ill be up super late and probably be too sleepy to pay attention and learn anything in school that day lol. if its a really really bad idea i will i guess go i , but im really stressed and mentally not very good.
the problem is im under my 90 days and have already called out on new years eve sick... what will this show them? im a really good worker always on time. last shift i was cashiering but it was a ghost town thay night so i emptied out two whole boxes at trading cards and zoned it if that helps lolol i just want opinoons and what do u think will happen?

Do you 100% want to keep your job?

If yes, then don't put yourself in a position where you need to call out to sleep and work on homework.

If no, then who gives a shit? Do what you need to do and don't sweat the consequences.

im just wondering if its a definity no no. like is it just an annoyance to the LOD and such or is it a firing typa situation

Since you're still under 90 days, chances are you are seasonal and the chances that they will keep you are slim. But do what you gotta do. If you feel like you need to call out, do it. But just remember that when you call out you are going to be hurting an already understaffed team and throwing your coworkers under the bus.

If you don't care about being kept on, then do what you gotta do.

im just wondering if its a definity no no. like is it just an annoyance to the LOD and such or is it a firing typa situation

It's most definitely an annoyance for the LOD, and usually can be a headache for the rest of the store as well. And it could be the deciding factor as to whether or not you are kept on past your 90 days.

well i was "technically fired" but kept by my gtsl... so i wasnt let go for seasonal or whatever.

It's most definitely an annoyance for the LOD, and usually can be a headache for the rest of the store as well. And it could be the deciding factor as to whether or not you are kept on past your 90 days.
since its a monday night holiday itll be dead anyways and it almost seems like a waste of time i could be getting my papers done lol

since its a monday night holiday itll be dead anyways and it almost seems like a waste of time i could be getting my papers done lol

If you need to call out then call out. But when the time comes to make the decision as to whether to keep you on or not, they aren't going to check to see how busy it was that day or what sales were like, they're just gonna see those 2 attendance issues and will most likely not keep you. Especially cashiers, which are a dime a dozen this time of year and all of the good ones are looking to get more hours.

It's hard to say and I think it varies by stores only because we had people call in a lot as seasonals and they got hired on so I'm not sure how it will go for you. I have a few more weeks till I hit my 90 days and already was told I'm hired on a few weeks ago so it's going to be a crap shoot I think if you call in depending on how your store handles that

im really stressed

You have to chill.
The only way you will get through school and keep a job is to not get stressed so deeply.
You can write a paper without blowing your mind.
The information is out there and if you do a little footwork you can write a decent paper in a reasonable amount of time.

i lnow but i still habe another pPer i have to get done for a nother class tomorrow. theyre both due tuesday and ive been doing nothing but school work all weekend
if i call out will i seriously be fired?

You might want to start by practicing writing in proper sentences.
Get in the habit of spell checking, grammar, and syntax for anything you write no matter if it's a tweet or a post to this forum.
That will make doing papers easier.

In answer to your question, you might not be fired but if you are under your 90 days you might not be kept on (yeah I know it's a small difference).
If you are a regular employee you might find your hours cut down to nothing.

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for you, or anyone that calls off for this reason. You should have found time to complete the work this past weekend, but you chose other activities. You need to manage your time better.

I went to college full time for an engineer degree and worked salaried positions (50+ hours a week). So I know there are ways to manage your time appropriately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back