Archived Can I get in trouble for clocking out two minutes early???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long ago, the time clock would round off. If you clocked out at for example 4:53 or more, you'd get that 15 min. 4:45 to 4:52 you would not. 7 mins vs 8 mins.

But this was at least 15 years ago under different time clocks.
It does round to the nearest 6th minute.
.6=36 minutes

Almost certainly this is a "no worries" thing, unless maybe you clock out early all the time and someone notices. When we switched from daylight savings, I clocked out a whole 10 minutes early, thinking I was clocking out 50 minutes late.:) No one said anything.

I regularly clock out 10-30 minutes after my scheduled time and no one’s ever said anything. Last night I clocked out an hour and 10 minutes late. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Depends how closely they're tracking payroll. We'll sometimes hear about it if we clock out more than 15 minutes past scheduled out time. And we'll definitely hear about it if we go into OT.
But this time of year can be different - I'm usually scheduled for about 15 hours, but with extra trucks and other TMs calling off, I've been getting scheduled for 30+ and working close to 40. Hours will drop like a rock in January, so I figure now's the time to rack up some extra in the paycheck. Means I'm exhausted between Spot and my other jobs, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. (And today, that means staying in sweats and fuzzy socks. First day off in a long while.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back