Archived Can I get in trouble for clocking out two minutes early???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its my third week at target and I usually clock out at EXACTLY the time i'm supposed to get off. Today I clocked out two minutes early (i clocked in about 4 minutes early though). Will I get in trouble for this????

^^ actually they won't.
Yeah, I noticed the other day...I clocked out for the day, then had to sit and wait for my ride to show up, so I waited inside the office where it was warm...just how many people will sit around in the office and then clock out, then immediately leave.

Edit: As soon as you get to the timeclock, clock out. Standing there waiting for it to be "time to clock out" is time theft. They will coach you on the spot if they see you do that. Or fire you.

Time thief. Time thief. Fire him!

No 5 minutes before start and 5 over or 5 before ending shifts are all ok.

As long as you do not go over 40 hrs or it’s approved as over time. like right now over time for fourth quarter is approved.

No 5 minutes before start and 5 over or 5 before ending shifts are all ok.

As long as you do not go over 40 hrs or it’s approved as over time. like right now over time for fourth quarter is approved.
ASANTS. If you get even close to OT, my HR team will hunt you down like Liam Neeson looking for the guys who took his daughter.

Time thief. Time thief. Fire him!
Idk if that's how Target rolls, but Walmart did not screw around with that shit. I was lucky a nice CSM saw me and warned me because no one ever told me any different.

Long ago, the time clock would round off. If you clocked out at for example 4:53 or more, you'd get that 15 min. 4:45 to 4:52 you would not. 7 mins vs 8 mins.

But this was at least 15 years ago under different time clocks.

Edit: As soon as you get to the timeclock, clock out. Standing there waiting for it to be "time to clock out" is time theft. They will coach you on the spot if they see you do that. Or fire you.
Yeah, our HR used to be a stickler about this. I haven’t noticed in awhile, but when I first started I noticed her talking to multiplt tms about coming into TSC and punching out as soon as all your equipment was put away.

I corrected myself in another post. Another of my employers did this. Other people have already told me asants.

And at my store, we're supposed to clock out once our equipment is returned, but people often grab their coats/purses/wallets/etc first. Especially the PMT, HRTL, and APTL because they keep their shit in their offices, and who am I gonna report them to? Themselves? (Besides the fact that I can just leave that to our resident busybody).

I regularly clock out 10-30 minutes after my scheduled time and no one’s ever said anything. Last night I clocked out an hour and 10 minutes late. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Why would you do that? Lol, it’s completely fine but I’d clock out a few minutes after my shift ends. Those minutes add up.

I corrected myself in another post. Another of my employers did this. Other people have already told me asants.

And at my store, we're supposed to clock out once our equipment is returned, but people often grab their coats/purses/wallets/etc first. Especially the PMT, HRTL, and APTL because they keep their shit in their offices, and who am I gonna report them to? Themselves? (Besides the fact that I can just leave that to our resident busybody).

Asants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back