Archived Can I get in trouble for using the bathroom before break?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, if I need to take it by 7pm or compliance and I take a a shit or whatever at 630p, and clock out at 655, can the store do anything? I refuse to use the bathroom on my time and I've made over $600 bucks using the bathroom on target time so I just want to know if the law has my back

If you gotta go, go.

Of course if you think you can hold it in, that would be preferable, but if it's urgent do what you need to do.

If you're going to hit meal violation you should clock out first. If you're spending over fifteen minutes in the bathroom and then taking a fifteen-minute break it's not really fair to the person covering you or to your coworkers considering you're taking such long breaks. If you're taking a really long time in the bathroom they'll think that you're trying to steal time or get out of working. You could have made that 600 dollars from working too. It's really weird that you figured out how much money you made from Spot going to the bathroom.

Last edited:
Really...be sensible.

If you are in the restroom for an unreasonable amount of time, you can be coached/written up for it. And I have seen it happen to lack luster TMs. You should do your business and get back out into the store. The bathroom is not a breakroom.

Now if you are in the situation of being within minutes of compliance or going to the restroom, clock out first. You will be coached/written up no matter the situation or excuse. You have to use your own time management.

But if its a paid break, I don't start counting my 15min until I hit FA, the breakroom or start shopping the floor.

If I reaaaaally gotta take a #2, like can't hold it until I get home, I do it on my 15. I don't need people calling for me over the walkie continuously if I'm in the bathroom (I turn my walkie off when I go to the bathroom anyways but still.)

Can you get in trouble? Yes. Will you? Probably not (closing backroom would be definitely not).

Ideally you should take it before and not after, something might have happened while you are on your lunch and they need your help as soon as possible.
But 25 minutes in the bathroom? Consistently? If I was your Team Leader I'd have a talk with you, I'm sorry but that's way too many minutes past a reasonable amount of time.

As a backroom team member myself, this would bother me even more than a salesfloor TM doing it. Back room is constantly busy, and your extended lunch breaks leaves the rest of your team to pick up your slack, handle calls, FF, and much much more.
You forgot the part where I finish all that before I go on break.

You finish guest requests and FFs? Even the ones that come in while you're on the toilet? No, someone else is stuck with those when they might be working on something else. Taking a pit-stop on the way to punch out for your lunch is one thing, but 25 minutes (anything over 5 really) is excessive.

You finish guest requests and FFs? Even the ones that come in while you're on the toilet? No, someone else is stuck with those when they might be working on something else. Taking a pit-stop on the way to punch out for your lunch is one thing, but 25 minutes (anything over 5 really) is excessive.
LOL Do you work in one of the super rare stores that have 2 br closer. My store only has one closer at any given time, and even then it's only me and another brtm that closes. We work usually fast. Salefloors pulls their own Guest request unless it's on steel. We also have the #1 pick times in the district, were so good we actually put a hold location label on the flex cart so we didn't have to waste time walking it to the front.

So Flexs and GR's are not a problem for us.

We had a cashier coached and eventually written up for spending too long in the restroom. Leadership at my store refused to give TMs the benefit of the doubt and would just assume they were on their phones or something.

Who cares? Is colon cancer or a UTI worth getting just because you didn't want to upset your benevolent overlords? If they want to make a fuss just sue them. They have no right to demand people control their bodily functions in a way that pleases them. I take as long as I need in the bathroom. If that means 20 minutes, then I'm taking a 20 minute dump and if I have to go again in an hour than I will do that. I'm not in school anymore, I can manage my own poop time and allote it accordingly.

Aslong as your not fucking around and doing it semi often enough to get noticed then no one who has a life will care. Even if your just playing on your phone, it dousn't matter what you do in there as its a private area. I always read my phone when I'm pooping but if they start getting upset about this I'll just start taking pictures of my creation as evidence.

The simple fact is you don't want to work in a place thats real..anal.... about bathroom breaks. Aslong as your not abusing the system you are fine. Also if your normally taking 15 minutes to do your business you should have a change in diet or talk to a doctor. I'm sure you can afford both.

My store is so laid back. There's a TM that goes on bathroom breaks at least 3 times a day--on the clock.

The fact that you are proud of the fact that you've made 600 dollars in the bathroom tells me two things.

One: You are an immature idiot.

Two: You'll be at Target forever, because no reasonable job would put up with bullshit like that.

Do you think Target cares how much they pay you to shit? Let me clue you in, they don't. It's your coworkers, the ones who you yourself said do not get paid enough, who now pick up that slack. It doesn't matter how fast you work, it's otherwise unproductive time.

In short, grow the fuck up.

as i said before in another thread ...

giphy.gif
rzdov.gif

The fact that you are proud of the fact that you've made 600 dollars in the bathroom tells me two things.

One: You are an immature idiot.

Two: You'll be at Target forever, because no reasonable job would put up with bullshit like that.

Do you think Target cares how much they pay you to shit? Let me clue you in, they don't. It's your coworkers, the ones who you yourself said do not get paid enough, who now pick up that slack. It doesn't matter how fast you work, it's otherwise unproductive time.

In short, grow the fuck up.
Sorry kid, I pick up my own slack. We come clean every single day because unlike most BRTMs, we know what the fuck were are doing lmao. You can try to pull the lame and overused "bu-but your coworkers" all you want but not only do my coworkers not deal with anything I do, they also don't care about anyone else when they leave trash at the bailer, leaves backstock in the wrong spot or simply pulls items without subtracting.

Get off your high horse, Target isn't my only job lol

So, how much did you make while in the rest room at your other job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back