Archived Can I get in trouble for using the bathroom before break?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip> I've made over $600 bucks using the bathroom on target time so I just want to know if the law has my back

You've pretty much admitted to manipulating the system for profit.

You should go to the bathroom when you have to go if you cannot hold it until your break. But scheduling your bathroom activities purposely to eat up company time is different than the occasional urgent poop or pee.

If you work in an "at will" state (and aren't they all now?) then you can be fired for no reason whatsoever. They might do it because you're stealing time, but they don't have to tell you that.

Sorry kid, I pick up my own slack. We come clean every single day because unlike most BRTMs, we know what the fuck were are doing lmao. You can try to pull the lame and overused "bu-but your coworkers" all you want but not only do my coworkers not deal with anything I do, they also don't care about anyone else when they leave trash at the bailer, leaves backstock in the wrong spot or simply pulls items without subtracting.

Get off your high horse, Target isn't my only job lol

Did you ever think they might say the same thing about you?

Like, if I need to take it by 7pm or compliance and I take a a shit or whatever at 630p, and clock out at 655, can the store do anything? I refuse to use the bathroom on my time and I've made over $600 bucks using the bathroom on target time so I just want to know if the law has my back

Why post a thread asking if you can get in trouble. I don't think you give a shit. I think you're bragging. IMO

You forgot the part where I finish all that before I go on break.
There is always something to do I nthe backroom. There is always something that could be done, Backstock, pulls, empy location reports, updating areas that flagged red on the Backroom Location Accuracy, doing a detailed sweep, checking for out of dates, the list goes on and on. There is always something to do...may not be what you want to do . If you have to go to the bathroom then go...but there is no need in just hanging out in there.

Why post a thread asking if you can get in trouble. I don't think you give a shit. I think you're bragging. IMO
I want to know if OSHA has my back. I've seen people successfully sue their employers because they got in trouble for using the bathroom.

I want to know if OSHA has my back. I've seen people successfully sue their employers because they got in trouble for using the bathroom.

Target is a corporate entity and can fire you for any reason they want. If they don't like your face, that's enough.

You could sue in civil court. But you would lose horribly, assuming it even went to court before they buried you in lawyers and legal fees.

I want to know if OSHA has my back.
Unless the toilet explodes while you are in there, OSHA isn't going to care. If termed and you had some physical abnormality or disability that would require you to take multiple or long lavatory breaks, you could sue for discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act. However, Target could require a letter from a doctor confirming the disability so reasonable accommodations could be made.

Unfortunately, for you, there is no American Freeloaders Act to protect you from just not wanting to put in a full shift of work. You are as bad as a Team Member who steals $600 worth of product from the store.

I take shits when I need to take shits. Sometimes it's before they call break, sometimes during break, sometimes after break. If any leadership figure ever talks to me about my poo habits, I'll suggest that next time I have to drop a D I'll do it right in the racetrack so I can save some time and get right back to work.

Right now poultry companies are being taken to task for not allowing people to take bathroom breaks. To the point that people are having to wear depends while they work. I seriously doubt OSHA would be much help.

OSHA is saftey and health. Wage/hour/labor wouldn't have your back because you're not taking quick bathroom breaks out of nessecity you're taking long breaks for profit. Target gives you plenty of breaks to use the restroom. Employees have sued their employers for denying them the right to go the bathroom (the Tyson chicken humans right diaster) you're not being denied a bathroom break you're stealing time to get extra money not working. You're abusing the system by taking such long breaks and the government will not defend you.you have no case.

Federal labor law does say they have to pay you if you need to use the bathroom.

Company is liable for refusing to pay employees for bathroom breaks, judge finds

They also can't monitor and penalize you for spending too much time in the bathroom as long as it meets reasonable standards (if you disappear for hours that's another story).

Bathroom Breaks: Can Employers Monitor Your Time? - GovDocs

They also have to provide accommodations if you need to use the restrooms regularly for medical reasons but that is on you to tell them.

Federal labor law does say they have to pay you if you need to use the bathroom.

Company is liable for refusing to pay employees for bathroom breaks, judge finds

They also can't monitor and penalize you for spending too much time in the bathroom as long as it meets reasonable standards (if you disappear for hours that's another story).

Bathroom Breaks: Can Employers Monitor Your Time? - GovDocs

They also have to provide accommodations if you need to use the restrooms regularly for medical reasons but that is on you to tell them.

I wonder if you can govern what restrooms they use...no...hear me out.

I had a person, when she cashiered, would want to use the restroom, but would insist on using the restrooms off the back room, because she didn't like the ones in front. Which of course meant an extra 10 minutes to make a simple trip to the bathroom...which is an eternity when you only have 2 or 3 cashiers all together and someone needs a break and we need carts and...

The backroom bathrooms in my store are always disgusting. There was green mold on the side of the women's bathroom in the backroom for five months.

Is that what you're looking for...free money because you admittedly say you do it on purpose. Your attitude sucks ass and honestly since I'm a backroom TL I'd let you know I see a pattern in your shit episodes and discuss any medical conditions you may have...maybe suggest depends and a napkin so you can cover both holes that shit comes out of. Eventually it will catch up to you.. be it at Target or your "other" job and when it does just remember SHIT HAPPENS!

TMI personal story moment!

I have "IBS" which isn't really a diagnosis because it's a diagnosis that basically says, "Well, we don't really know what's wrong with you, your intestines just suck. You probably would have died in the Medieval Ages."

ANYWAY, so I occasionally (rarely) have flare ups that cause me to run to the restroom pretty frequently. I manage flare ups the best I can with Citrucel, Immodium, and I diet of peeled steamed veggies (yum) lessening bathroom visits to maybe every 2 hours, yet continues for a few weeks. The last time I had a flare up, I was still a cashier, which made things kind of awkward. Only one GSTL questioned me. She would freak out any time I "disappeared" one time going so far as to call me on the overhead speakers. In my opinion, she overreacted and acted like I was gone for hours, even though my bathroom breaks were only about 5 minutes long. As annoying as it was, simply being aware of your rights gives you a lot of power. I just ignored her overreactions. Eventually I told her, "Sorry, I don't feel well." and left it at that. My need to use the restroom was none of her business, especially considering how unprofessional she was about bathroom use. I'm pretty sure she knew she couldn't say shit, hence all her passive aggressiveness. Fuck it. I know it's a temporary issue, she's just going to have to deal with it.

So yeah, don't abuse the privilege, because it's a shitty :D thing to do. On the other hand, if you gotta go, you gotta go. They can't do shit about it.

I have "IBS" which isn't really a diagnosis because it's a diagnosis that basically says, "Well, we don't really know what's wrong with you, your intestines just suck. You probably would have died in the Medieval Ages."

ANYWAY, so I occasionally (rarely) have flare ups that cause me to run to the restroom pretty frequently. I manage flare ups the best I can with Citrucel, Immodium, and I diet of peeled steamed veggies (yum) lessening bathroom visits to maybe every 2 hours, yet continues for a few weeks. The last time I had a flare up, I was still a cashier, which made things kind of awkward. Only one GSTL questioned me. She would freak out any time I "disappeared" one time going so far as to call me on the overhead speakers. In my opinion, she overreacted and acted like I was gone for hours, even though my bathroom breaks were only about 5 minutes long. As annoying as it was, simply being aware of your rights gives you a lot of power. I just ignored her overreactions. Eventually I told her, "Sorry, I don't feel well." and left it at that. My need to use the restroom was none of her business, especially considering how unprofessional she was about bathroom use. I'm pretty sure she knew she couldn't say shit, hence all her passive aggressiveness. Fuck it. I know it's a temporary issue, she's just going to have to deal with it.

So yeah, don't abuse the privilege, because it's a shitty :D thing to do. On the other hand, if you gotta go, you gotta go. They can't do shit about it.

You work in the registers and just run to the bathroom without telling anyone?

I have ibs too and it gets really painful for me, but I'm afraid to spend more than a few minutes it theasy bathroom, that's why this guy spending so much time in there pisses me off.

Edit: I always let someone know I am going to the "basement"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back