Archived can i get your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi y'all

i just recently started as a cashier 2 wks ago and i have a question. i haven't sold any red cards so far even though i ask every single person from the youngest to the oldest and am very friendly with the guests. I had 2 guests that were going to get the debit version but did not have a check on them. my gstl keeps insisting that i ask them again even if they tell me "no". so what do i do?

And how many redcards do you get in a shift? i noticed that a lot of people already have them and the rest simply just are not interested

thanks

I have no clue. We have one cashier that kicks ass. The other day, he got 5 by 10 am. He's so mellow and asks everyone. I just don't get it.

Well look at it this way. You can't get fired for NOT getting Red Cards. As long as you're asking AND educating the guests, you're fine. Make it a conversation. I like to ask them "Do you have a Target Debit Card with us?" What way, when they say "No." I can follow up with, "Well would you like one, because you can save 5%, every time you use it, etc. etc..." You can even ask, "Will you be saving 5% with us?" That way you give the guests the opportunity to say, "No, how do I save 5%?" Easy window into talking about the red card. I like to tell them they can even use it at the Starbucks, because that always seems to impress people.

Worst case scenario. If you simply just can't get the Red Cards, there's a whole store of opportunities. Ask to be trained in a new department. The more versatile of an employee you are, the better you'll do. A good attitude and being a good team player can compensate for things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back