Archived Can one decline to work in a certain area of the store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a woman I work with who will go in the dairy cooler to push milk with short sleeves. In fact, I've never ever seen her in long sleeves. Me, I wear long sleeves, a sweater, and put on one of those jackets back there if there's one available.

For all the coolers, I just have a t-shirt and a hoodie on. I'll go in and push milk, backstock some, help with pulls whatever. But even as a PA I don't go in the freezer unless I absolutely have to & always go in with a coat on.
It always amuses me when guests walk through Pfresh and complain about the cold. Yes my hoodie keeps me warm but there are days where I'm running around so much I almost want to take it off.

I used to work for a small W-mart in a small city, McDonalds had their freezer in our backroom with a pad lock on it. Well our cart attendant used to date the McDonalds manager and they had a nasty breakup. He was in the backroom and saw her go into the freezer. He locked her in it and put the padlock on it. She was in there for 10 minutes until somebody her screaming. Surprisingly he wasn't fired because he alleged she said something to cause him to do it.

Argh! Years ago in my hometown, when I was working in a Burger King, a nearby fast food place was robbed and the employees left in the freezer overnight before the robbery was discovered (it was before cell phones). One girl didn't make it. I think of that evey time that door closes, no matter how irrational it is.

I go into the coolers for whatever in short sleeves, always. Not cold enough to bother me, even if I'm doing backroom SDAs or backstocking or something.

The freezer on the other hand I'll usually throw on a jacket and some gloves if I'm in there for more than a few minutes.

I live somewhere that gets pretty cold, and after years of not dressing appropriately in the winter I've built up a tolerance I think..

I used to work for a small W-mart in a small city, McDonalds had their freezer in our backroom with a pad lock on it. Well our cart attendant used to date the McDonalds manager and they had a nasty breakup. He was in the backroom and saw her go into the freezer. He locked her in it and put the padlock on it. She was in there for 10 minutes until somebody her screaming. Surprisingly he wasn't fired because he alleged she said something to cause him to do it.
Oh man I forgot about the lock on the freezer at McD's. I used to work at one, and that was the only reason I was afraid of the freezer. You could really get locked in. I'm so glad Target doesn't do that.

I used to work in a place where we locked the freezer too. Absolutely ridiculous. How do you run a restaurant when the waiters can't run back to get salad fixings?!

Once I went into the freezer to pull the pfresh cafs and the CTL parked his pallet of milk against the freezer door and walked away. Good thing I had a walkie.

Wait, you're near 50 years old working in the freezer?

Was scheduled to, didn't end up having to. But yeah, kinda silly. Over 45 and you really can feel that chill in your bones. Pfresh is a young person's game.

Wait, you're near 50 years old working in the freezer?

Was scheduled to, didn't end up having to. But yeah, kinda silly. Over 45 and you really can feel that chill in your bones. Pfresh is a young person's game.
I'm 62 and am usually scheduled in dry grocery or dairy. Meat usually takes care of frozen in our store. I find the older I get the harder it is to even do dairy any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back