Archived Can someone explain to me the acronyms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so... I'm completely lost on who's in charge of me, I'm a cashier. So can someone explain the acronyms to me? Like what is a GSA/ETL/HR/STL , etc... And what are there roles? And who's the main person in charge? I was thinking the ETL but I'm not sure. I know of my ETL and HR and I speak with them frequently, but I have no idea what they do.

As a cashier your direct supervisors are GSAs and GSTLs. The GSTL supervises the GSAs. The ETL-GE supervises the entire front end including the GSTLs. In general, any departments ETL can override a TL, just as any departments TL can direct any TM.

Human Resources, HR, has both TM, TL, and ETL roles. So really an HR person's role depends on their level. HRTM, HRTL, ETL-HR.

The STL, Store Team Leader, has authority over the entire store.

TM: Team Member
TL: Team Leader. Usually manager of one small section (starbucks, softlines/hardlines, etc)
SrTL: Senior Team Leader: Similar to TL but also has LOD shifts.
ETL: Executive Team Leader. Salaried position, usually runs an entire section (ETL-GE/Guest Experience, ETL-HR, ETL-LOG/Logisitics, etc)
STL: Store Team Leader. Similar to ETL, but manages the entire store.

GSA: Guest Service Attendant. TM who manages the front lanes.
GSTL: Guest Service Team Leader. Same as GSA, but TL status. Basically TL of the front lanes.

As a cashier your direct supervisors are GSAs and GSTLs. The GSTL supervises the GSAs. The ETL-GE supervises the entire front end including the GSTLs. In general, any departments ETL can override a TL, just as any departments TL can direct any TM.

Human Resources, HR, has both TM, TL, and ETL roles. So really an HR person's role depends on their level. HRTM, HRTL, ETL-HR.

The STL, Store Team Leader, has authority over the entire store.

Cashier/CA/Service Desk < Guest Service Attendant (GSA) < Guest Service Team Lead (GSTL) < Senior Guest Service Team Lead (Sr.TL) (Not all stores have this) < Executive Team Lead Guest Experience(/Softlines) (ETL-GE[/SL]) < Store Team Lead (STL)

Cashiers being the lowest on the totem pole, STL being the highest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back