Archived Can stores shred unclaimed paystubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, most of our TMs who receive direct deposit don't realize they can elect not to receive a paper stub. Even when we inform them of this fact, most of them don't bother to go into MAX and suppress paper stub printing. Are stores allowed to shred pay stubs? And if so, has Target set a waiting period before we can do so?

So, most of our TMs who receive direct deposit don't realize they can elect not to receive a paper stub. Even when we inform them of this fact, most of them don't bother to go into MAX and suppress paper stub printing. Are stores allowed to shred pay stubs? And if so, has Target set a waiting period before we can do so?

I think they usually mail them out.

agreed- they should be mailed out. We are just physically giving the stubs to team members and teaching them how to turn paper statements off.

Given the age of my computer & it's homicidal tendencies, I still prefer a stub. Paper never crashes. :thumbsup:

I prefer paper also, but sometimes I do forget to pick it up. I've never been mailed mines so I'm guessing it gets shredded.

Back when I did payroll for another company we had to mail out the stubs.

I never knew we were supposed to pick them up, and they never got mailed, so one day I come in and I'm given this stack of paystubs and was told to paperless :p

my hr said starting a couple months back they were told to shred everything after a couple of weeks.

I'd forgotten to pick mine up that Fri & I was off that weekend but when I came in that Mon, I was told it had been shredded. It didn't help that the HRTM didn't care for me but I made sure to pick it up promptly thereafter.

The official pay check best practice says that we have to hold on to direct deposit stubs for 4 weeks then shred.

I've been trying to change mine on eHR for over a week now and it keeps getting stuck on Processing.... They obviously don't WANT me to go paperless :D

Haha. I hope they don't. One time I worked for only a month and had to go back to school, so it wasn't payday until a week later, and so I was told they mailed it to me instead.

I think Target checks are voided after 120 days? So in that case they can't legally shred it unless they tell you u gotta pick it up somewhere else!

please pick up your stub if you want it.

all stubs are shredded after 30 days of awaiting its owner.

checks only are mailed the Tuesday after payday.

opt for paperless. All info is available online from home - no need to stop into the store and waste your gas on a day off.

Paychecks are required to be mailed out to Team Members at the address posted on their eHR profile. Pay stubs however are not required to be mailed out only because TMs have the ability to go onto eHR and view all relevant pay stub information through the "View Pay Statement" Function. The exceptions to this is where local or state law requires it, which is only in a handful of states.

Haha. I hope they don't. One time I worked for only a month and had to go back to school, so it wasn't payday until a week later, and so I was told they mailed it to me instead.

I think Target checks are voided after 120 days? So in that case they can't legally shred it unless they tell you u gotta pick it up somewhere else!

Checks are mailed on the Tuesday after payday, stubs are shredded after several weeks.

They made an announcement a while back in our huddle that they would hold our pay stubs for 30 days before shredding them. They will no longer me mailing them out.

I've often wondered why someone could wait several weeks for a paycheck? I sure couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back