Archived Can target fire me after my 1 year cashier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been with target be a year in September and im worried they might try to fire me.i rather not discuss into detail but I can't lose my job and im worried.how does the process work.

Thanks

The process is, you do something wrong, depending on how bad it is they either give you a coaching or a CA.
If you keep doing the same thing wrong over and over, they create a paper trail until they fire you.
Now if they want to performance you out for some reason (they've decided they don't like the cut of your jib) the things you do wrong can be pretty minor but they can pile them up and make them into larger issues.
The fact is that if management wants to fire you, they can with time, effort and creative paperwork.

The reality is that you usually have to have done something wrong or pissed them off.

And if it's for theft, they don't need a paper trail, they just need to know you did it once.

If you survived your first 90 days, you should be ok. Unless you commit a serious offense like gross misconduct or anything illegal (such as theft), you'd go through the coaching, corrective action, final warning, etc. process.

Anyone can be fired if they do the wrong thing, from the lowliest flow TM to the STL. Not sure what your situation is, but if you had no ill intent then explain your circumstance when the time comes and be as honest and repentant as you can. However, if you did something like a serious threat or even theft, start looking for jobs.

If you did that thing where you bend your pointer finger so that it looks like your thumb and then you "remove" your thumb before reassembling that and a guest accused you of "WITCHCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!" then they're not able to fire you, because they know you could cast a "Doombringer" spell on their lineage. So, you should be safe.

If you did that thing where you bend your pointer finger so that it looks like your thumb and then you "remove" your thumb before reassembling that and a guest accused you of "WITCHCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!" then they're not able to fire you, because they know you could cast a "Doombringer" spell on their lineage. So, you should be safe.
Need Youtube tutorial.

If you're not on any sort of corrective action they can't just fire you unless you're stealing or commit some sort of gross misconduct and being a year with the company doesn't set off some sort of alert to your TLs or ETLs to start looking for ways to performance you out. Hell they should be thankful they retained someone for that long with the amount of turnover in the retail business.

I've been with target be a year in September and im worried they might try to fire me.i rather not discuss into detail but I can't lose my job and im worried.how does the process work.

Thanks

It also depends on where you live. I live in an "at will" employment state where an employer can fire you at any time with or without cause.

Don't stress too much, I know there are some light hearted jokes on this thread but remember one mistake does not define you. Hoping for the best and that you get to stay with Target if you so desire.

Great advice above, take ownership of whatever happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back