Archived Canadian Merchandise, Stateside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deli Ninja

Formerly Softlines Ninja (Now in Deli Flavor)!
Have any of you had a Canadian item returned to your store? Was it an item your Target normally carries? Did you repackage it? How?

My store recently got a softlines item and the number on the tag wasn't the usual DPCI. We just made a new tag with the normal barcode and put it out on the floor because it was an item we carry. I thought it was funny and a little odd, since I'm closer to the Mexican border than the Canadian.

Canadian purchases must be returned in Canada, same with state side. They also cannot use a canadian redcard here and vice versa. The redcards is due to tax and APR laws, the merchandise is due to the entirely different system Canada is using. They don't have DPCI's, not sure what they call them, but being a border store my willingness to answer the phones has dwindled a bit.

http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthr...hing-happened-today?highlight=return+canadian

Same situation but in this case the US Target Stores DPCI was sewn in the shirt, maybe you didn't see it or it was torn out?

If you couldn't return Canadian merchandise state side and visa versa it would be quite a hassel for international gifts although I wouldn't doubt that's how it is with the way Corporate is these days.

It seems so silly, I'm sure most GSTLs, GSAs, and anyone working at Guest Services is just going to "Vibe it out" and let the person return it anyway. I know I would, absolutely.

We've had several guests trying to return Canadian stuff and are just so dumbfounded as to why they can't "But you're Target". A few items have been returned inadvertently because people go "We sell this product but why isn't it in our system?" and then return it anyways. We've now posted a sign at Guest Service saying we will not accept international aka Canadian returns. If a guest asks for a gift receipt on the register we ask if its being sent to Canada because if so they can't return it in Canada stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back