Archived Cardboard Baler Blues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiNDRiOTS

Drone Pilot
Anybody have a plan or some type of system on who makes bales? Seems like everybody avoids doing one. Every morning I need to make a jam packed bale! Getting annoyed!

At my store the receiver was supposed to do the bale, but backroom usually ended up doing it. Now that backroom teams are gone, I guess it’s up for grabs...🙄

Rock Paper Scissors.

Whomever loses.

-
Most avoid it until one absolutely has to be made. It varies each time on who makes the bale.
One absolutely has to be made every single morning because nobody at night wants to do it.
At my store the receiver was supposed to do the bale, but backroom usually ended up doing it. Now that backroom teams are gone, I guess it’s up for grabs...🙄
I'm the receiver, and I have one hour before vendor's start ringing the bell. Have to clear off dock from freight that the line dumped, clean up all the esim people left all over the floor, salvage and crc everywhere, rollers, flats scattered about... And then try to do a bale amongst all the scattered cardboard and trash bags everywhere. It's insane!

I really don't understand why people are so reluctant to make a bale. It's not difficult. You get to be offstage for awhile. Your TLs appreciate it greatly. And, did I mention isn't not difficult at all? I was always happy to do it when I was GM.

Also, OP, you should probably remove your name and store number from your signature for your own good.

In my store I rotate , I have the receiver make one , then the bulk person , market team and my gm tm, and me
I always check and crush baler throughout my shift, and make one when needed, just hate having to do one at 6am five days a week because people at night won't.

One absolutely has to be made every single morning because nobody at night wants to do it.

I'm the receiver, and I have one hour before vendor's start ringing the bell. Have to clear off dock from freight that the line dumped, clean up all the esim people left all over the floor, salvage and crc everywhere, rollers, flats scattered about... And then try to do a bale amongst all the scattered cardboard and trash bags everywhere. It's insane!
Yep, our receiver always got left with everybody’s mess and rarely had time to do the bale, so backroom usually did it. No criticism intended, he helped us with stuff and we helped him. That was before Modernization, so I ‘m sure it’s worse now.

This is why I always make sure to say thank-you to the person who makes a bale; it's usually the same 2 or 3 TMs. And I thank whoever crushes the cardboard down when it gets full too, or hunt down someone with a key and do it myself and then make sure I return it.

My personal plan is to make a bale when the arrows don't meet. That is a full bale. Everyone else's plan is to make a bale when it "looks full" which is a small bale. So I never make a bale sorry

I never learned how to, even in my salesfloor/logistics days. And honestly, I don't really want to learn how. I always have acrylic nails, and I'd prefer not to have one ripped from my hand while handling the wire. Yes, I know how spoiled and boujie this makes me sound 😂

I never learned how to, even in my salesfloor/logistics days. And honestly, I don't really want to learn how. I always have acrylic nails, and I'd prefer not to have one ripped from my hand while handling the wire. Yes, I know how spoiled and boujie this makes me sound 😂
I have acrylic nails too , it doesn’t take me more than 10 minutes to make one

We trained someone in every area to make a bale. Usually same people make it but have starting asking others that are trained to help out.

I just learned to make a bale a couple weeks ago. I'm still amazed that no one at our store wants to use the safety tools in place (goggles, gloves). I've heard some horrible stories, and of course we have some people who have done it for years without a single mistake so they won't use them. Of course I used them. That wire scares me.

On an average week, I probably make 25-40% of my store's bales.

It used to annoy me but I'm starting to appreciate it. It gets me off the floor and almost everyone else hates it so they'll shower with me praise after I'm done.

💪 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back