Archived Cards against humanity pulled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneArmedJesus

Entertainment DBO
Just curious about something, my store recently just took every card against humanity box set we had off the shelves, I've heard about some other stores doing it. Originally I thought we were gonna take down the end cap we had but I guess the whole game is gone from our shelves..

Something to do with a recent “anti Semitic “ package sold recently in stores and target not porooerly screening what they sold

Probably a part of an Anti Semitic card pack created by Cards Against Humanity... Which is made by Jewish people. Lmao

To clairify, not just the Jewish pack was pulled, everything got pulled including the big boxes, apparently we got a complaint.

The Jewish pack was pulled last month I thought, did someone find another card in the main game or another expansion that caused an uproar?

Could it be that we had a contract that only allowed us to retail it for a certain period of time, and that period ended. IDK, just spit-balling.

The Chosen People MIRs were a month or so ago and everything should have gone back to CRC or whatever. Maybe this is just your store?

Why did my vacation have to be next week instead of this week. Why.

I was surprised to see that we carried Ouija boards.

Praise Satan!

KrRyjAP.gif

All still on the floor in my store, and I can't find any communication about it.

Sells Ouija boards, but Not
T H E B I B L E?!?!???!!

2003354.jpg

Reactions: Dog
We have CAH out still, I stocked it today.. and I’m not sure about the Bible but I know we have god books, I’ve seen a child’s book called ‘God Loves you’ and a veggie tails movie called god loves me and I know it or somrtbing

We don’t carry the Bible at my store.

We do carry Bill O’Reilly’s books which apparently greatly offends a couple of our guests. They like to take them off the shelves and deface them, then complain to me about the offensive books, then come back a few days later and ask why I haven’t removed them yet.
Apparently these books are my problem now since I told the first guest who complained that I’d “let someone know” (as well as giving them the corporate number).
Ffs, I didn’t even know who this guy was until they complained about his books.

Someone came through my lane once with the Chosen People CAH and I said "I hope you don't have any Jewish friends" and they were completely confused. I guess they'd never heard that term.

Come to think of it, they probably don't have any Jewish friends.

Anyhoo, after I explained it, they were like "We don't want a Jewish card game!" What idiots. Both "Jewish" versions are pretty antisemitic IMO.

We still have CAH in my store, does the "anti-semitic" pack have blue packaging? Some kids came up to SCO and tried to buy a pack with blue packaging and it came up with "DO NOT SELL" or something

Yes, the Chosen People pack was blue.

Reactions: Dog
I have Jewish friends who would appreciate such a gift.

But if you don't know if your Jewish friends are that type...well, tread lightly.

Cards is dangerous you really gotta pick your players carefully. . .that said three people I know are jewish and they frwaking loved it. People could actually learn alot feom Cards now a days.

This is why I'm a fan of Exploding Kittens. You don't need to know your audience, and 'tis a silly game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back