Archived Cart Blitz!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going with the Flow

Queen of the dungeon
So has any one elses store stopped having a guest attendant scheduled for day shifts anymore? Our store has been having "carts blitzes" which means every employee not chained to a work center has to go outside and round up carts! "DONT FORGET TEAM..ONLY 7 AT A TIME" its crazy..between that and backing up the registers and smart huddles and you can imagine how little gets done. The bathrooms are disgusting and the cart well looks like a car accident. So any one else?

Yep, our store is the same. Usually the guy working guest services goes out and gets carts but when they get real low they call whoever can spare time to come up to help

We haven't had a cart attendant in months. Outside of fourth quarter, we are lucky if we get one for Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings, but even that has been cut.

I love to go get the carts! I love being outside for a while. I would love to be CA, but I still havent been cashier trained
In our store, we have a smart huddle when one area of the store is really bogged down and needs some help. Its kind of fun, you just go over and do whatever you can to help for 30 mins. Tonight we did one of cafs and the LOd gave everyone ice cream sandwiches when we were done. It breaks up monotony

A cart attendant during the day? What a waste of payroll.

Did you forget the sarcasm font?

If it's really so quiet that the cart attendant has nothing to do, he/she can help out in another area of the store, i.e. cashing, working re-shop, etc.

At my store the CA come in at 2 at the earliest. Prior to moving to AP I would go get carts but now it's whoever is willing to go out in 100 degree heat or we have cart blitzs but we call them "cart parties".

Flow team is there until 10:30-11am now a days. So they help out with bringing in carts when they get low. Send 10 guys out there and the cartwell is filled to the max in 10 minutes.

Then make sure you have a set of reserves set up...empty out every well out in the parking lot and make sure they're close at hand. That way you can send one person out to bring in your reserves.

Having the flow team max you out before you leave usually gives you enough to last until the first CA comes in.

We're a high volume super and I'll assure you that it can be done. Our CA doesn't come in until 1pm and we are usually up to 2 or 3 blitzes by then.

Smart huggles at my store are 50% RTW tables, 40% shoes and 10% CAF pulls (and I get help with freshness Friday, if I'm lucky)

Edit: Leaving it, don't even care

Gosh, we have a CA in during the day...although he may not come in til 10 am. We seem to get by with that.

Geez lol. I can't imagine not having a cart attendant during the day shift. We always have 1 opener 1 mid and 1 closing cart attendant during the weekdays. 2 kids on weekends and 3 mid and 1 more late closer during 4th quarter

Did you forget the sarcasm font?

If it's really so quiet that the cart attendant has nothing to do, he/she can help out in another area of the store, i.e. cashing, working re-shop, etc.

Actually, no. I work at a B volume store so we definitely don't need a cart attendant during the day. We just need one person to spend about a half hour getting carts around 1pm. If we schedule a cart attendant to do that, we'd give them a 4 hour shift and they'd take about 2 hours to do that half hour of work. The other 2 hours can be spent in other workcenters, so why not schedule them in the other workcenters to begin with?

If I'm working a full shift as a CA and I'm caught up with all my CA duties, along with backing up the cashiers I'll work a pull or take care of abandons or just plain zone.

There's always something to do.

what? no cart attendant?!? we have like four sometimes. we usually have an opener, a mid and a closer and sometimes one just kind of hanging around either cashiering or helping in some other way. it's like this every single day. us cart attendants usually get 30 hours every week sometimes borderline 40 hours.

Actually, no. I work at a B volume store so we definitely don't need a cart attendant during the day. We just need one person to spend about a half hour getting carts around 1pm. If we schedule a cart attendant to do that, we'd give them a 4 hour shift and they'd take about 2 hours to do that half hour of work. The other 2 hours can be spent in other workcenters, so why not schedule them in the other workcenters to begin with?
Also at a B volume store and when our cart attendant comes in at 10 or 11am there is plenty for him to do.

If the CA calls off, then the GSA, Cashiers, and Sales Floor take turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back