Archived Cash Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, so I've been in the C/O for over a year now and I was never fully trained in all areas.. So when doing the safe count sheet there's an area where we write CL for check lanes and write the amount for each bill count.. well since I've been in there it the number has never changed.. but the amount of registers we used have.. so I feel like if we have less registers then the number should have changed.. what should I be counting? Hope this is clear.

edit: Wait, just so I'm clear, the number of registers you HAVE or the ones you USE? Every day once registers are banked and cash office is complete there should be start funds in every register and start funds prepared FOR every register in the safe. The start funds don't change based on how many registers you use, that's always the same, it's based on how many you have. If that's what you meant then ignore everything below this.

Hahaaaaaa yeah the advances should change depending on how many registers. I don't know how universal bag numbers or SCWs are but for my store, the first cash advance column is 015 (regular change fund cash) and the start funds for every non-SCO register. So we have nine checklanes, two electronics, and two pharmacy that all take one type of SF, and four GS registers that take another. That plus 015 cash is the first column. Second column is 016 (SCO fund) plus 4 SCO advances. Then the first column on the bottom is coin change fund.

... It's been like six months since I had to do all this math a million times as we finally solidified our number of registers post-remodel, but I think I'm right. I'm kind of surprised that the Sales Audit people haven't contacted your store, but I also kind of think they don't really care as long as the safe balances out.

Last edited:
Why not, Is it a violation or something? Or just for safety concerns?

What I meant to say was the Second safe count worksheet.. there's an area where we write CL, assuming for Check Lanes.. I write a specific amount in each Dollar volume... So since I started c/o that number has stayed the same, while throughout the time I've been here the amount of register's have gone up and down.. we lost a few checkout check lanes and gained one at starbucks.. but the amount remains the same.

Why not, Is it a violation or something? Or just for safety concerns?
Safety concerns.

And I don't work CO at all, so take this with a grain of salt. But if you're banking the same amount per register type as you always have, and the number of register types has changed but your total bank has not, then yes on the face it sounds like something is potentially wrong. One way I can see it working out is if the SB bank is double the CL bank, depending on the denomination breakdown.

This is a stupid question, I know. Are you actually counting out to ensure that what you're writing down matches what you're actually putting in each bag and that the totals add up correctly?

Last edited:
I did the calculations and what I am putting down for each bag doesn't add to what I am putting down on paper.. the girl that trained me didn't seem to be fully trained in all areas.. honestly they put me in here on short notice and didn't completely train me and when I say that I mean as far as what those numbers are for.. they only said that number stays the same... smh.. I just emailed the conpany though to try and get a braak down of what I should actually be putting.. since anyone above me at my store doesn't seem to know.

What I meant to say was the Second safe count worksheet.. there's an area where we write CL, assuming for Check Lanes.. I write a specific amount in each Dollar volume... So since I started c/o that number has stayed the same, while throughout the time I've been here the amount of register's have gone up and down.. we lost a few checkout check lanes and gained one at starbucks.. but the amount remains the same.
What do you mean by second safe count worksheet? There is only one.

You're right... I guess I'm saying that because it's called the 2nd safe count on computer.

So is it not even supposed to be CL? Does that also include the SCO yellow bag too?...See our store needs to get their shit together!

So is it not even supposed to be CL? Does that also include the SCO yellow bag too?...See our store needs to get their shit together!
It’s supposed to be the advances for the next day. So all the bags you made. The two 999s 015 and sco advance. (It’s been forever since I’ve done cash office so forgive me if I forgot something)

The Safe Count Worksheet is to be used to count what is in the safe. Hence, the name Safe Count. The advances sheet is used for all the CL's, Advances, etc.

The Safe Count Worksheet is to be used to count what is in the safe. Hence, the name Safe Count. The advances sheet is used for all the CL's, Advances, etc.
Wow, so I'm wondering who decided to put all the cash advance bags on the safe count sheet in the first place.. smh.. I bet we will get audited now.. I'm gonna bring this to an higher up's attention.. I was just a new cashier when I started training over a year ago.. the girl that trained me was only there 6months before me and she had to leave because her bf was training for AP... smh.. they have been doing the whole system wrong this whole time.

Wow, so I'm wondering who decided to put all the cash advance bags on the safe count sheet in the first place.. smh.. I bet we will get audited now.. I'm gonna bring this to an higher up's attention.. I was just a new cashier when I started training over a year ago.. the girl that trained me was only there 6months before me and she had to leave because her bf was training for AP... smh.. they have been doing the whole system wrong this whole time.
If you have been doing it wrong the whole time it would have already been addressed. Keep doing what you are doing. Are you including all bags in this count? If you are including all bags then you are fine.

If you have been doing it wrong the whole time it would have already been addressed. Keep doing what you are doing. Are you including all bags in this count? If you are including all bags then you are fine.
The amount that we were putting down under "CL" before wasn't adding up to all register's, but I changed the amount yeaterday to the accurate amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back