Archived Cash office

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to learn CO and then just go home after. It doesn't seem like an easy thing to "break into" at my store though. Which sucks.

Yeah, asking to be trained for CO just comes across as suspicious IMO.
I added it to my list they posted next to the time clock asking where you wanted to be trained.

At least I have experience doing it. Not that it will matter.... I almost put pharmacy!! :rolleyes:

do you have to count by hand? I don't know if this is "security" but do you learn any codes to getting into the office?

There's a bill counter for you to use.
is there a safe I have to know the combo to?

In most cases, yes.

I knew the Keypad code to enter the CO, as well as the Safe Code.

Very interesting to see the differences in stores. At my store only the STL, ETLs and SrTLs knew the safe code. The vestibule had 1 code that worked for everyone, and the CO itself was just a key, no keypad, again for ETLs/SrTLs/STL.

There's a bill counter for you to use.
is there a safe I have to know the combo to?

In most cases, yes.

I knew the Keypad code to enter the CO, as well as the Safe Code.

Very interesting to see the differences in stores. At my store only the STL, ETLs and SrTLs knew the safe code. The vestibule had 1 code that worked for everyone, and the CO itself was just a key, no keypad, again for ETLs/SrTLs/STL.

They always wanted us to shut the safe while working, because apparently the weight of the door puts stress on the pins -- I guess they had to have it fixed once.

Our very first stl gave us the safe code. I guess she figured if we're trusted enough to be in there we're trustworthy enough to have the code. The code has never changed even when former CO tms quit. THAT seems odd to me... oh well. Not like you can sneak in there and help yourself to some money. Not enough in there to serve time for. lol
I don't really even think of it as money anymore. If you've done CO for awhile you'll know what I mean. It's just an object to count and deal with. Some people get really paranoid about the money but I don't understand that. It's not like it's going to bite you. lol

I'd assume there is. In any case unless you're planning a daring team-based robbery to empty out the entire safe on a Monday morning, you're not making it out of there with enough money to justify the felony, even disregarding the moral aspect.

^This. You should have a "safe guidelines" sheet posted that gives you an approximate amt to maintain in the safe. Go over it too often & your leadership will hear from CSA.
The only time we were allowed to exceed it was when nearby towns were ravaged by tornadoes yrs back. The TMs in those stores were issued vouchers to cash at stores in neighboring towns (4 stores were heavily damaged). We were told to hold deposits for a week until payouts were done.
Always thought it was cool how CSA had protocols for just about any scenario.

It really becomes just something to count.

Although one Black Saturday (counting Black Friday money) I did have to stop and stare a moment. I was in a room with $100,000 cash. It was kinda cool to know what $100.000 looks like!

It really becomes just something to count.

Although one Black Saturday (counting Black Friday money) I did have to stop and stare a moment. I was in a room with $100,000 cash. It was kinda cool to know what $100.000 looks like!
LOL, I regularly had that much in my safe at BBY. It is just a job.... but every so often on a big cash day you stop and do the, "huh....." thing!

Oooooooh yeh.......those Black Saturdays could be a stunner.
That was the ONLY day of the year we needed a larger deposit bag.

We've had a boombox in ours since we opened. I think other TMs play music on their phones since I've noticed the station never changes.
You have a bill counter machine. Although it is faster and easier to count small amounts and just enter them manually.
Everyone has their own code to enter the CO.
Not sure if this is case for all team members at our store, but I know of at least one person who has to call the LOD to let them in. This person (was a TL at the time) was giving out this code, so other team leaders, so they could get in the hallway for keys.

Yeah, it's different from store to store. At my store the LOD has to let you in, open the safe, and come back to lock the door after the C.O. ™ is done.

I used to know the safe. Then they decided C O shouldn't know the safe, only ETLs. Been like that for a few years now.

I have subbed/trained folks in 2 other stores. One store runs it like mine. The other, the CO is the morning GSTL/GSA and let's themselves in/out as the front end requires.

I'm starting to like it...Up until the other day I was ready to pack it in - it was stressing me out to much.

Cash Office TM here!
Go for it! its 3 to 6 hours of alone time, nobody bothers you, just you and your music, definitely one of the best departments in the entire store.
I am looking forward to learning it! 3-6 hours of no guests... bitchy ETLs....or bitchy TMs :)

I was at an AA+ store and we had 4.00 Hours per Day, 28.00/Week

From what I understand, 4.00 hours in the CO is the max time for the Cash office process, and lower volume/register count stores have less. We had ~45 locations I believe.

At my A+, the GSAs get 3 hours in 239, then 5 hours of cashing/service desk/covering the GSTL's lunch.

I get 4-5 hours. It usually takes me 3 on the dot, except today was almost an extra hour because we had crazy cash sales on labor day and our closer was a little ...untidy. I'm a little slower than the CO person who came before me, but I'm more accurate.

Off topic, but cash office is called 239, correct? Why does everyone at my store call it 3239? Just seems weird they added a number.

its 3 to 6 hours of alone time

What kind of crazy volume does your store do? Mine we got 90 mins scheduled, usually took between that and 2 hours or so.

My store is on the top ten list of highest volume stores in the company, we do an insane amount of sales and have a total of 50 lane bags that need to be counted, generally I don't finish CO Process until about 12:30 or 1:00 in the afternoon and that's starting at 7:00 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back