Archived Cashier getting a raise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm a cashier that got hired as seasonal and was kept. I am trained as GS and self checkout along with softlines. During my normal shift I will cashier along with covering breaks at GS SCO cashiers and my GSTLs breaks. I love doing it but I feel used sometimes. Their will often be times that I am left incharge of the front for my entire shift. Should I ask for a raise because I am doing a lot more than cashiering?

Always ask for a raise. Just be prepared to explain why, and be a professional about it. Don't act petty if you don't get what you want right away. Some things take time, so be realistic, but don't be afraid to ask for more money for your time and effort.

You will not get a raise (outside of your regular yearly raise), but you could open a dialogue about wanting to move up.

Hey, I'm a cashier that got hired as seasonal and was kept. I am trained as GS and self checkout along with softlines. During my normal shift I will cashier along with covering breaks at GS SCO cashiers and my GSTLs breaks. I love doing it but I feel used sometimes. Their will often be times that I am left incharge of the front for my entire shift. Should I ask for a raise because I am doing a lot more than cashiering?

Unfortunately the front end is full of abuse. The only position worth the pay is maybe GSTL and that is debatable.

Service desk makes the same as cashier believe it or not. Even covering GSA breaks is you doing them a favor.

So IMO the only raise you could get is if you get a good review.

Last edited:
nah there would be no point, honestly. a lot of the store kind of just runs like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back