Archived Cashier's name on receipt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't Target put the cashier's name on the receipt like most other stores do like "Thanks for shopping, your cashier was John D." at the bottom. Wouldn't this help identify the great cashiers on the surveys when a guest could mention them personally in their comment more easily. What do you think?

Why doesn't Target put the cashier's name on the receipt like most other stores do like "Thanks for shopping, your cashier was John D." at the bottom. Wouldn't this help identify the great cashiers on the surveys when a guest could mention them personally in their comment more easily. What do you think?
No. Because it would turn into "John D. Sucks. He did everything wrong. Fire him ASAP." All while John D. Probably did something minor. Just my opinion.

I once worked at a store that had the cashier's first AND last names on the receipt. Few months after I left, I heard from a former co-worker that they stopped doing it after one girl was stalked online by a customer who found her social media from searching her name and wouldn't leave her alone. To this day, having my name on people's receipts very much bothers me.

The groc store in my neighborhood has cashier names on the receipt but they never match their nametags.
And they get defensive as hell if you ask them which name is the right one.

I once worked at a store that had the cashier's first AND last names on the receipt. Few months after I left, I heard from a former co-worker that they stopped doing it after one girl was stalked online by a customer who found her social media from searching her name and wouldn't leave her alone. To this day, having my name on people's receipts very much bothers me.

And that's the exact reason it should never be done.

They do sorta put the cashier's name it is tracked by your team member number ( last digits or something) I remember I got a complaint once on survey and I didn't put my name or anything and someone filled out a survey and my TL said I was rude to a guest or something so they definitely track you even if you don't put your name on it. I wish they didn't track us all the time I makes me feel paranoid lol.

Front end guest comments are linked to the name of the cashier on the report. Other aspects are linked to the team member cashiering -- bagging items with care, friendliness...

If the guest fills out the survey, it knows who the cashier was.

The guest won't know you by the receipt, however, I think if we pull an InsidePOS copy of the sale it will show who completed it.

The guest won't know you by the receipt, however, I think if we pull an InsidePOS copy of the sale it will show who completed it.

InsidePOS will give the full TM #, whereas the receipt only the last 4 digits of the TM.

It shows up on the survey report. I forget if it has a name. Our store posts it near the schedule. I don't think very many people read it.

When we got IBM registers at my first job at the grocery store the receipts had first and last names. Later on it changed to first names only. Kind of a moot point since our nametags had first and last names on them.

Like others have said, the reciept is linked to us so the system knows that this survery was from queencats transaction so the shitty cashier they talked about was probably her.
At my store we're taught to circle the survery and write our names because I guess that encourages the guest to do the surveys.
I wish we would put the cashiers name on the reciept or at least an easier way to identify the TM so next time when I have a guest ranting and raving about [insert minor thing here] I know who needs a talking to and who needs a "talking to".

Like others have said, the reciept is linked to us so the system knows that this survery was from queencats transaction so the shitty cashier they talked about was probably her.
At my store we're taught to circle the survery and write our names because I guess that encourages the guest to do the surveys.
I wish we would put the cashiers name on the reciept or at least an easier way to identify the TM so next time when I have a guest ranting and raving about [insert minor thing here] I know who needs a talking to and who needs a "talking to".
One of the numbers on the receipt ID number is the lane number. I will usually glance at that, and then generally know who the cashier was (or will with a quick glance) and then I can address an issue if I need to.

No. Because it would turn into "John D. Sucks. He did everything wrong. Fire him ASAP." All while John D. Probably did something minor. Just my opinion.

Funny. Our cashiers write their names on receipt and we rarely have dissatisfied surveys

One of the numbers on the receipt ID number is the lane number. I will usually glance at that, and then generally know who the cashier was (or will with a quick glance) and then I can address an issue if I need to.
Which one?

Murphy USA gas station would print the first name, middle name, and last initial.

Your cashier was SUE ZEE Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back