Archived Change in coupon policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other night our local news channel had a story about Target and the changing registers and how cashiers won't be able to make the registers accept coupons.

Good lord.....I sure as heck don't want to have to tell guests that the computer won't accept their perfectly appropriate coupon! You know, the Red coupons that have "savings" on food items!

No one though seems to know when this change will happen at the stores.

No one at my store seems to know when the registers will be changing with the coupons....anyone here have any info on when it will happen??

Maybe it hasn't happened at my store yet but they haven't mentioned the coupon policy and they still want people to vibe vibe it happened the week with those back to school coupons and gsa just said go ahead and take it.

My gsa told me today she believes it supposed to be before the end of the month, so any day now!

Yes I am with the stop accepting accepting coupons the only thing we should take is the cartwheel but even that holds up the line sometimes.
Yeah, I'm shocked how long it takes for people to open the cartwheel barcode. There's even a lockscreen shortcut that you can slide to pull the barcode up!

Oh my goodness, I had no idea about this. Definitely asking my ETL about it on Tuesday. I liked having the freedom to force coupons.
Are manual target coupons stI'll possible?
Yeah, I use them all the time.
Yeah, I'm shocked how long it takes for people to open the cartwheel barcode. There's even a lockscreen shortcut that you can slide to pull the barcode up!
How do you enable the lockscreen shortcut? Is that for Android or iOS?
Good lord.....I sure as heck don't want to have to tell guests that the computer won't accept their perfectly appropriate coupon! You know, the Red coupons that have "savings" on food items!
I absolutely abhor those red stickers. Half the time it says "COUPON EXPIRED" and I have to key it in manually, and when I try to peel it off to put it in the coupon drawer, it rips.

This is another one of those things I learned about here, but have to pretend I don't know about because no one at work has said anything about it yet.

I use the cartwheel widget (android) so my Barcode still works even if cartwheel goes down.

I use the cartwheel widget (android) so my Barcode still works even if cartwheel goes down.

Same with the Wallet app in iOS. You can add your Cartwheel barcode to your passbook so you can pull it up without even opening the Cartwheel app. When I was a cashier, I would always encourage Cartwheel guests with iPhones to add their barcode to their passbook so they wouldn't take an eternity to load Cartwheel.

Doesn't that only work if you have everything ready beforehand? I often get people who don't scan their items until they put everything on the belt.

So I asked my ETL about the new coupon policy today, and she said that our POS has already been updated. I honestly haven't noticed anything different, and it doesn't seem like anybody else at my store cares. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother...

Oh my goodness, I had no idea about this. Definitely asking my ETL about it on Tuesday. I liked having the freedom to force coupons.

Yeah, I use them all the time.

How do you enable the lockscreen shortcut? Is that for Android or iOS?

I absolutely abhor those red stickers. Half the time it says "COUPON EXPIRED" and I have to key it in manually, and when I try to peel it off to put it in the coupon drawer, it rips.

You aren't supposed to peel off the Red stickers.

Wait, really? I saw some of them in the coupon drawer and assumed they had to be saved like the rest. Why does nobody tell me these things?

They're a store coupon so they're not sent off like manf coupons.
Saw a cashier rip a hole in a guest's meat package trying to do that.

So does that mean we're not supposed to save catalogue or coupon printer coupons either? Just manufacturer ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back