Archived Change in coupon policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalina

Bullseye Biatch!
So my gsa quickly informed me of changing policies involving coupons, such as getting rid of the manual manufacturer coupon button on registers, no longer accepting certain types etc. She wasn't able to go into detail since it was so busy so I was wondering if you guys know any more about this? Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

The big things I understood from the print out was manufacturers coupons that has a store logo on them like say Wally World we will not accept. I forget all the rest out of all the pages besides the other big thing that it states that products being used with coupons have to match completely including all the t's crossed and i's dotted. If they don't we can refuse to accept the coupons

We nicely told all of our coupon abusers about changes coming soon to our policy :)

Can we just stop accepting coupons altogether? Lol. I came across an Instagram post of this EXTREME couponer who gave a tip to all her other friends saying to create a baby registry even if you're not pregnant so you can use the 15% coupon at the back. She also had a bunch of "Free 20 dollar gift card when creating a registry" coupons.

Yes I am with the stop accepting accepting coupons the only thing we should take is the cartwheel but even that holds up the line sometimes.

Can we just stop accepting coupons altogether? Lol. I came across an Instagram post of this EXTREME couponer who gave a tip to all her other friends saying to create a baby registry even if you're not pregnant so you can use the 15% coupon at the back. She also had a bunch of "Free 20 dollar gift card when creating a registry" coupons.
It may not be illegal but it is definitely morally wrong!

Well of course this is the first I'm hearing of it. When does this go into effect and are there any other changes?

I know AP in my district got forwarded an e-mail, not sure who it was originally intended for..I'll take a look tomorrow unless someone knows the info.

Yes, I just saw this yesterday. Can't remember if it was an email or on RedWire.

I didn't get time to read the fine details, but I believe it's going to involve a POS update that includes more stringent coupon restrictions. I think it included no longer having the option to key manufacturer coupons, requiring all scanned coupons to be linked to a specific item on POS, and the system doing a better job recognizing if a coupon doesn't match a specific item and fraudulent coupon barcodes.

Also, coupon overages will no longer be applied to the rest of the transaction (going back to the way the policy used to be). So if the guest has a $2.00 coupon for an item that's $1.79, the coupon will automatically be adjusted down to $1.79.

I'll go through it more thoroughly when I go in tonight.

Someone in my line did this today and I think they did the same thing yesterday, too. It took me a while before I realized they were using their own fake registry lol. I once made a back to college registry for 15% off a rug (on the website, though. I didn't annoy a cashier with it). I... Also won a $20 gift card for being one of the first 100 people to make a college registry lol. I wasn't trying for it, though. But back to the diaper lady with the registry, she also had the coupon to get 25 when you spend 100 on baby and she got gift cards for buying 6 qualifying boxes of diapers. Annnnd she had printable coupons from target.com. It was so annoying because she wasn't prepared at all.

Someone in my line did this today and I think they did the same thing yesterday, too. It took me a while before I realized they were using their own fake registry lol. I once made a back to college registry for 15% off a rug (on the website, though. I didn't annoy a cashier with it). I... Also won a $20 gift card for being one of the first 100 people to make a college registry lol. I wasn't trying for it, though. But back to the diaper lady with the registry, she also had the coupon to get 25 when you spend 100 on baby and she got gift cards for buying 6 qualifying boxes of diapers. Annnnd she had printable coupons from target.com. It was so annoying because she wasn't prepared at all.
I think I had the same lady yesterday. Plus, there is a discount on diapers using Cartwheel.

This.

We just caught people doing this and now have to get approval for ALL registries.

I wonder if this new POS update is the reason our registers have been working very, very, very slowly lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back