Archived Change.org Petition for Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santee

Planogram
Change.org

It's a petition to tell the CEO to open Target at a reasonable time to allow TM's to spend Thanksgiving with their family's. A similar petition was created last year with over 200,000 signatures.

This years petition is at around 10,000 signatures with about 4,000 needed.

I myself am not working those days but feel that we all deserve to spend time with our family's during the holidays.

Didn't see last year's but I mean, nothing is going to happen...

Ya spot doesn't really care ( sad but true) heck even more retailers are opening up more and more they care more and more about money than retail people spending time with their families.

The issue is that there are more people that shop at that time than there are TMs that complain about opening so early.

I hate to say it, but it won't do anything. I guarantee you if Target opened at 4-6am like what was common just 3-4 years ago we'd still have insane sales. I can think of several examples where businesses with good/ethical practices and still profitable.

Costco being the big one.
Hobby Lobby is closed on Sunday and starts their workers above minimum wage. (I don't agree with all the CEO's beliefs, I can appreciate these things) they're doing well for themselves.
Chick-fil-a is also closed on Sunday (Same with their beliefs) they're doing well too.

A company that actually puts it's employees first do well. It's been proven. I wish Target would see that and do a early Friday open. Sales would be at or above what they'd be at a 6-8pm open. I would bet on it.

Not to be a debbie downer or a corporate tool, but if everyone else is opening up early thursday evening, then Target has to as well if it wants to capture those sales. The way I see it, if Target waited until 4am and everyone else is opening at 6pm then Target just lost out on sales for 10 hours. If people can go shopping everywhere else early in the evening, is anyone going to stay up or wake up early to shop at Target at 4am? It's doubtful IMHO. If Target can get good deals on stuff that make Target the first stop on people's lists, then that equals more money. I'd rather my store be someone's first stop than their last...they have more money at the beginning of Black Friday. I'd prefer all stores do a midnight opening at the earliest...nothing open on actual thanksgiving, but what can you do?

People will always sign a petition - right before they head out the door for a sale - simply because it's a cheap, feel-good gesture that doesn't cost anything but translates into nothing.
It's like all those pseudo-sympathetic guests who "feel SO bad that" we have to work on THANKSGIVING.
I wouldn't HAVE to work on Thanksgiving if you a$$hats wouldn't show up to shop, would I?

Change.org

It's a petition to tell the CEO to open Target at a reasonable time to allow TM's to spend Thanksgiving with their family's. A similar petition was created last year with over 200,000 signatures.

This years petition is at around 10,000 signatures with about 4,000 needed.

I myself am not working those days but feel that we all deserve to spend time with our family's during the holidays.

How did you get those days off?

I signed it for the principle, but I don't think it'll help. Personally, I'd never shop on Thanksgiving for Black Friday, but last year, I was considering going to Best Buy at Midnight..... but I had work. Wompity womp. A lot of the people who signed don't work at Target. I read a bunch of the reasons, and it's not just TMs complaining. A walmart employee signed too haha.

I don't think they'd be losing sales due to opening later. I think the people who aren't as crazypants as the ones who are willing to shop at 6pm (or whatever) would come. The people like me who can get into a midnight shopping trip, but not a shopping trip that cuts into the post-meal fun with the fam. I just wanna Taboo, Apples to Apples, Karaoke Revolution, Charades with my family! And I know a bunch of people who would've gone black friday shopping last year that didn't because well, "all the crazies probably got all the good stuff already, anyway."

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to the supportive signatures from non TM's, also evil ones lol

Fuck You LAZY A**, CA

This isn't important to me or anyone else. Patricia is a dumb, lazy douchebag that wants off work. She needs to shut her mud flap and do her hours like a good employee. If she wants a job that doesn't require working Holidays, she should get out of retail and become a schoolteacher.

If she's too stupid to get a real job, she deserves to work Holidays, graveyard and any other shi**y shift because she was probably too busy to pay attention in High School due to getting slammed in the backseat of her redneck boyfriend's Pinto in the parking lot or smoking pot under the bleachers in the Gym.

Patricia, you're why Obama won the election and our country is headed for the shi**er....you just want all the rules to change to make everything nice and fair instead of having to work hard to move up the ladder of success.

Do what you're told and shut the f**k up!

What an idiot. I don't think this person realizes they signed in support of the petition.

Nothing will happen unless the CEOs of the various companies compare notes and realize that opening this early hasn't increased their sales by any noticeable amount and are sacrificing a ton of payroll trying to one-up each other.

In addition to the supportive signatures from non TM's, also evil ones lol

Fuck You LAZY A**, CA

This isn't important to me or anyone else. Patricia is a dumb, lazy douchebag that wants off work. She needs to shut her mud flap and do her hours like a good employee. If she wants a job that doesn't require working Holidays, she should get out of retail and become a schoolteacher.

If she's too stupid to get a real job, she deserves to work Holidays, graveyard and any other shi**y shift because she was probably too busy to pay attention in High School due to getting slammed in the backseat of her redneck boyfriend's Pinto in the parking lot or smoking pot under the bleachers in the Gym.

Patricia, you're why Obama won the election and our country is headed for the shi**er....you just want all the rules to change to make everything nice and fair instead of having to work hard to move up the ladder of success.

Do what you're told and shut the f**k up!

What an idiot. I don't think this person realizes they signed in support of the petition.

Extremist Republicans will find anything to hate on. If they worked retail, they'd understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back