Changes for VMs

Then give it another read because you're wrong here.

You don't think GMTLs have to deal with the same? That we don't run out of inventory and have to constantly move product around to fill empty areas? Do you even venture into the toy aisles at your store? Or seasonal? And clue me in onto who remerchandises those areas you reference: the Style TLs or the Style Consultants? Because it should be the latter. That's their job. All the Style TL needs to do is delegate and train. Or train a trainer to train. Lovely, ain't it?

Regardless, Style TLs have objectively less of a workload. Compared to the mountain of metrics and bullshit GMTLs have to deal with, Style TLs have it easy. As do VMs. The positions should be combined.

Hardlines aisles shouldn't be remerchandised unless they are about to transition. Exceptions being the home decor area which is treated more like a softlines area now, endcaps, and any d-code items that have sold out. Toys and Seasonal are both about to transition.

Thanks @SigningLady I was aware of the clearance dash and new signing roll out in the addendum. I put up all the power aisles myself so I'll be happy to take those suckers down and harvest all those sweet sweet ceiling clips.

The thing is dont get is the "partner with vm" for the fixture room refresh. Signing etc I'm like, okay fine. Visual impact area. Okay. But the fixture room as a whole feels kinda random.

I mean I was plano TL before VM so it's fine. Whatever. But I for a lot of VMs its gonna be like, huh? 7 loop stationary divider, baseball hat fixture? Transcend shelves? The godforsaken ball pit????
I can't figure out why the "presentation" GM TL and the presentation team wouldn't be responsible for the fixture room refresh, during a non-set week? I guess that would have made too much sense. I can't help but feel like it's sort of a middle finger to presentation teams after HQ tried to eliminate them and it turned out they were necessary after all.

Wrong. Inbound owns softlines breakout. That's part of Modernization. The only thing Style Consultants do is push, backstock, and zone. It's all in the guide, so give it a read.

Again, I don't care what your store does. That doesn't matter. I don't care if your VM is the greatest VM of all time. That doesn't matter. I am strictly talking about roles and responsibilities (read: what they should be doing, not what they are doing).

It sounds like you're not reading what I'm typing. I'm the only unbiased one here because I'm not referencing a specific VM and boasting about how good or bad a job they're doing. Just remove all your own personal feelings from the argument for a second. It's not about being salty or having been burned. Just look at it logically.

If you remove a process from GMTLs, they have all the same responsibilities that Style TLs have. They own pricing. They own signing. They own push for their area. It's the same job, just in a different part of the store. It's equal. But the second you add Inbound, Fulfillment, or Presentation to the GMTL's workload, they take on more responsibility than the Style TLs have. It's that simple. There's no room in the argument for personal experiences. That's purely how it should be because that is Modernization.

I am saying that it doesn't make sense. That if all leaders share the same paygrade, they should also have a similar weight of responsibility. Giving VM to Style TLs would be a solution to that. It's not something we need a dedicated position for. Some stores, maybe, but again, it's just like Inbound -- most stores don't have a dedicated Inbound TL, despite Inbound being a greater workload than VM. So why is VM a dedicated position? It clearly doesn't need to be. There is nothing that requires it.

Everything a VM currently does now could easily be done by a Style TL that owns VM. If you don't think so, then you're the one being salty and underestimating our Style TLs.

As a key carrying Style TL I obviously take a bit of offense to this but it must be noted that I DO own a process: presentation. Style leaders, per everything official, own all transitions for style. Whether or not we leverage GM to help is optional, they are not required to help us and the hours for transitions are never allotted to them. I plan and execute huge transition workloads often. On top of the inbound processes for breakout I oversee - and sure, that may not be ‘official’ or in every store but the presentation aspect surely is.

Also the fact that style is almost a quarter of my stores sales and a solid third of the store. Our standards change constantly as the company reacts to the every changing apparel business. Acting as if its unequal with a GMTL is wildly misleading. Different types of roles but both equally challenging in their own way and both own processes.

As a key carrying Style TL I obviously take a bit of offense to this but it must be noted that I DO own a process: presentation. Style leaders, per everything official, own all transitions for style. Whether or not we leverage GM to help is optional, they are not required to help us and the hours for transitions are never allotted to them. I plan and execute huge transition workloads often. On top of the inbound processes for breakout I oversee - and sure, that may not be ‘official’ or in every store but the presentation aspect surely is.

Also the fact that style is almost a quarter of my stores sales and a solid third of the store. Our standards change constantly as the company reacts to the every changing apparel business. Acting as if its unequal with a GMTL is wildly misleading. Different types of roles but both equally challenging in their own way and both own processes.
Say it louder for the people in the back 👏🏻

Also PS I’m not a Style TL but have huge respect for anyone who is because it’s TOUGH.

Walk on water, turn water in wine just another regular day for VM. Now Teach the heathens Targets vision by setting their standards aka contradictions

Back