Archived Changing Workcenters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcellow

No and that’s final
So I'm not sure what to make of this situation...

So I got feedback from the TL interviews (Talent Day stuff) about finding a TL and ETL mentor to help my development and "make a mark" on my workcenter. I have the potential to be a team lead but I have to work on getting to where I need to be. I don't have supervisory experience and the team I am currently at (where 2 other TMs already run the show), there's really no room for me to flex whatever skills I have or see what I lack.

So I take the feedback with grace and found my TL mentor. However, during my shift today...I was pulled aside by a TL saying that she's talked with her ETL and wants to pull me out of my workcenter to her department (Overnight backroom) and will be talking with my current ETL about it.

I was lost for words that I automatically said "okay" but I am internally freaking out (thanks anxiety). What is going on? Is this a good thing?

So I got feedback from the TL interviews (Talent Day stuff) about finding a TL and ETL mentor to help my development and "make a mark" on my workcenter. I have the potential to be a team lead but I have to work on getting to where I need to be. I don't have supervisory experience and the team I am currently at (where 2 other TMs already run the show), there's really no room for me to flex whatever skills I have or see what I lack.

So I take the feedback with grace and found my TL mentor. However, during my shift today...I was pulled aside by a TL saying that she's talked with her ETL and wants to pull me out of my workcenter to her department (Overnight backroom) and will be talking with my current ETL about it.

I was lost for words that I automatically said "okay" but I am internally freaking out (thanks anxiety). What is going on? Is this a good thing?
Probably a good thing. She just wants to take you under her wing. Plus o/n backroom has lots of room to grow and develop. At my store the strongest TLS came out of that work center

I agree that it's a good thing. You've obviously proven to be a good/great TM in your current dept. If your Leadership views you as a future contender for a TL position; they're just trying to place you in a department where they can see you "run the show" (as you put it). Keep your anxiety "internal" like you said...... and see this as a stepping stone to the next tier. Good luck !

Do you have any backroom experience? What is your current work center? Why cant you find ops in your current work center. Have you talked about this work center change to your “ mentor tl”?

Definitely ask for more feedback/specific feedback. I was hopped around several workcenters with each ETL and TL going “oh no, THIS is a better opportunity for leadership”

If you really feel like going ‘log”, it will challenge you and allow you to grow then go for it. But in the meantime continue to seek feedback for the workcenter your currently in because there is ALWAYS opportunity. :)

Any development opportunity is great. I can speak for my district, strong logistic leaders are rare to find, my old ETL said it best. If you can thrive in LOG, you can thrive anywhere in Target.

The only issue with LOG is it's a little harder to stand out on visits, your best bet is to take over a broken process and fix it.

Do you have any backroom experience? What is your current work center? Why cant you find ops in your current work center. Have you talked about this work center change to your “ mentor tl”?

1. All I know about backroom is backstocking, LOCU and using the wave.

2. Consumables.

3. I can't really develop in my current team because, like I said, 2 TMs are already in charge of this team of 5 people. There's no room for me to lead.

4. Mentioned it this morning to them, they'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back