Archived Chat Sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been at my store for a year and a half and never had one or known of any being done. The only thing I see are the walking chat sessions, but our new LOD just uses them as unofficial coaching or an excuse to berate people as far as I've seen.

I'm pretty sure chat sessions don't happen anymore unless you're a focus store for team happiness or whatever. Walking chats don't happen at my store either unless the TL is doing a vibe walk. The open door policy is encouraged at my store, but my store has had some pretty crappy ETL-HRs and STLs...so there's a lot of trust issues there. Our current HR is awesome though.

What exactly is a "walking chat"? And again, what is a "chat session"? As I said, I've NEVER been to one nor have I heard of the pharmacy having one. I've seen them posted in the TSC, but never actually known of one happening....

I was just on a walking chat because our HR-BP was visiting and he and our ETL-HR managed to nab me, lol. I was laugh-cringing at the end, though, because of the questions. A lot of them were just regular "do you know where to find this information" and "what is this focus mean" blah blah blah, and I answered them fine but with a bit of normal hesitation because it's not something I think about a lot, lol. But at the very end, the HR-BP asked me, "do you know what the Integrity Hotline is and what would you use it for?" and I just REELED out a smack-dab description with no hesitation whatsoever. If I were them, I'd be like, "Um, she seems OVERLY familiar with how that works!"

I've never used the IH, but I guess going on here gets you familiar with how it works. ;) Anyway, afterwards I was laughing and cringing at the same time...ah well!

Has anyone had a chat session lately? I know I attended one last year, but I had only been at Target a few weeks and was blinded by how "amazing" target was. -_- That's funny.

I could write a list of things I want to bring up but I'm afraid it be used against me later and/or I know I'll get some Target robotic answer.

Focus store for team happiness...LOL. I love it.

I need to have a chat session about my ETL. I'm sure others would happily join said session!

Just wanted to add I'm finally getting my chat session this week. Best Team Survey scores are in! This happened last year too. It seems we only get our sessions at our store with we get those results. Once a year I get to lay it down hard, hah.

I wonder if I'll even get in one this year, last year I was working a number of shifts and now Target has banned me to 99.99% closing...How can they do chat sessions with the closing team? I asked a closing team member and she said she never got one?

My store has forms up on the wall by the HR office for sign ups with the time and date. Not sure if all stores are doing that. I'm assuming if you're not working when one is scheduled, you can come in still and join it. Whether or not you could get paid for that time, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back