Archived Christmas Light Fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else had problems putting up (hanging) the black box Christmas light displays. They usually go up so easily. This year, I think the hang bars were put on upside down?? At least, that is what I can figure out.

Any tips? I can't just re-orient the brackets cause they aren't just screwed on, they are bolted. MySupport? Probably no fix available.

Yeah, I ran onto this immediately. They machined the hooks backwards. There is one set of lights with them on the right way and you can see immediately what the difference is. However, this was either in the Early Set Notes, or on a Message Board where it was addressed. You can hang them by foregoing putting the prongs through the diamonds on the shelf. Just screw the screw into the bracket and that will hold it enough for a fix (this is what I did, and is what the eventual "fix" ended up being)

(this is what I did, and is what the eventual "fix" ended up being)

I like it when I fix a problem only to have the message board come down with the exact fix that I did. It's the small things.

I wish I had time to read the message boards. And at the moment, we have no PTL. I will get on that tomorrow. I can't believe how many thousands of these were done wrong. Ridiculous.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back