Archived Chromeboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got them just 2 weeks ago.

Not sure. I would've welcomed HP. Acer has always felt a bit cheaper to me but if it works, it works!
Weird we got ours about a month ago. Do you feel it’s slow logging in? Ours are super slow but once they’re logged in, they’re not terrible. I just really hate having to use online office 365.

Weird we got ours about a month ago. Do you feel it’s slow logging in? Ours are super slow but once they’re logged in, they’re not terrible. I just really hate having to use online office 365.
It takes only about 10-15 seconds to login, and maybe because they're still pretty new, but even inside the session they don't lag.

I don't like the lack of O365 since I use Word to format emails and then copy paste into Outlook after. But eh I guess.

That would be pretty cool. I honestly think they should just give us the iPads PMLs have and have a couple real computers when necessary. The only real time you would need a desktop computer is when working you’re working on large documents and would benefit from a keyboard but even then iPads have keyboard s
Trust me, you don't actually want this.

I don’t mean strictly iPads but there are plenty of times all I need is to pull something up on workbench and there is no desktop available

I don’t mean strictly iPads but there are plenty of times all I need is to pull something up on workbench and there is no desktop available
Unless something changed, workbench was always a horrible experience on the iPads too

We did have MSA tablets, years ago. Phased out by spot.
MSA - Mobile Salesfloor Assistant - A large tablet-computer sort of device which was piloted for salesfloor teams to view planograms while on the salesfloor.

Unless something changed, workbench was always a horrible experience on the iPads too
The new workbench is designed for mobile devices so it’s pretty easy to navigate on my PMLs iPad

We did have MSA tablets, years ago. Phased out by spot.
MSA - Mobile Salesfloor Assistant - A large tablet-computer sort of device which was piloted for salesfloor teams to view planograms while on the salesfloor.

Well something similar is now live on the mydevice! Not sure why it wasn’t announced properly but I only found out because my SD got an email from our OD

The new workbench is designed for mobile devices so it’s pretty easy to navigate on my PMLs iPad

is it really tho? i always have such a poor time using it on the myDevice. but maybe that’s the device’s fault

is it really tho? i always have such a poor time using it on the myDevice. but maybe that’s the device’s fault
My SD used it on her work iPhone and it looks a lot better than the mydevice

I hate how it automatically signs you out. I don't have time to keep logging in and out for a word document. Target is that afraid of information security

I hate how it automatically signs you out. I don't have time to keep logging in and out for a word document. Target is that afraid of information security
Only thing I like about the auto deleting data is you can never get dinged on having confidential documents on your desktop during a store compliance audit

At some point we are to get the Chrome Box. Our computers have the red warning on them. But I'll ask around when my store is to officially get them.

no you certainly don't, Apple products deployed in a retail environment is the dumbest meme since Apple itself, or at least since they figured out how to get away with charging 1000 bones for a gizmo that has a bill of materials cost of 150

Apple products only really work in light to moderate use settings like those soy-latte-and-scarf-open-office-and-ugly-couches startup joints. In retail they get thrashed to bits and don't seem to know what to do with Target's 128kbs network

no you certainly don't, Apple products deployed in a retail environment is the dumbest meme since Apple itself, or at least since they figured out how to get away with charging 1000 bones for a gizmo that has a bill of materials cost of 150
iPods yes but iPads are more business and education oriented. They’re designed to be mass implemented in work places. At this point they’re no different than the chrome boxes. Just flash based operating systems good for browsing the web and basic applications

Ours takes a good couple minutes to load after a new user logs in. Is it just ours or are they all super slow? It's a gigantic pain in the ass for HR. Anything to get rid of the slow boot times or speed it up? Apps also take a while

Ours takes a good couple minutes to load after a new user logs in. Is it just ours or are they all super slow? It's a gigantic pain in the ass for HR. Anything to get rid of the slow boot times or speed it up? Apps also take a while
My first log in of the day always takes forever

I just got the email about our install and it said we’re getting 22” Acer screens. We’ve gotten new monitors in the last couple of years so I was surprised to hear we were getting them 🙃

They are! The best part about the new machines are the monitors. They’re edgeless displays and actually really nice
That’s good to hear! Did you get more workstations than you had before or did they just replace what you already had?

How do you use online planogram and then actually view planos when it forces you to use IE for those apps? I’ve heard a new version of OLP is coming but what are we to use in the interim? It’s silly they force these updates and then have things break and leave us to figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back