Archived City Target Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone from Chicago or anyone else know the opening date for thr City Target in Chicago?

New stores typically have 3 cycles. March, July, & October. Not sure when but it should open in of these 3 months.

According to this press release from Spot, they're planning to open in the July cycle. My partner and I may be moving to Chicago in June, so I'm excited about the prospect of getting in there!

Soft open is wednesday the 25th at 7am. Grand Opening is the 29th at 7am. T-2799 opens a full hour earlier than all the other spot's in the city. Someone blabbed and the news media got wind of the soft open date.

2nd floor has a spot where you can chill and sit in the rounded window with the big spot logo/sign/light/thing. One design flaw is the pillars directly in front of a 4-foot section of product. Also only bathrooms on the first floor in the far back corner. Otherwise, yeah, it's pretty cool. There's some walls that are kindy funky and awkward but they made it work.

theres one opening in downtown LA also, theres a TM at my store who's transferring to it, these stores are going to be crazy! but i would hate to work backroom there currently due to all the problems that are going on

I'd transfer to a citytgt in a heartbeat. It sounds like a cool idea!

Why did they not mount the cameras on the checklane light polls instead of the ceiling? Looks better that way.

http://www.startribune.com/business/163230346.html

I don't know if it mentioned it in this article, but I read that the Chicago CityTarget runs with 300 team members! (well that includes TLs but still). Seems like a lot for a "small" store. Must be because of both a modified flow process and massive guest traffic.

We're down to less than 300 now. And more will be let go before any of us even reach 90 days. They over-hired at the mass hire event and are letting go of the people who don't work out and the people who get themselves termed. We've lost several tm's for theft related circumstances this past week.

Why did they not mount the cameras on the checklane light polls instead of the ceiling? Looks better that way.
Ours were originally on the poles when we first opened 6 years ago but around a year ago (I think) they took them off the poles and put them on the ceiling. Don't know why though.

Ours were originally on the poles when we first opened 6 years ago but around a year ago (I think) they took them off the poles and put them on the ceiling. Don't know why though.
Wider camera angle, I'd wager. Especially if they eliminate every other one (using a dummy dome) by covering 2 lanes per camera.
Any of our AP pros got their ears on?

Wider camera angle, I'd wager. Especially if they eliminate every other one (using a dummy dome) by covering 2 lanes per camera.
Any of our AP pros got their ears on?

When placing these cameras, there always mounted to capture the cashiers keyboard. There never pointed to see the guest's shopping cart or the rest of the lane. I could see issues trying to have one dome watching 2 lanes....

Look at this, photos from the seattle store.
http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/2012/07/23/photos-tour-seattles-new-city-target/

Well, I do have to say that it looks pretty swanky as far as mass merchandise discount retailers go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back