Archived Clarifying Questions about REDCards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on preparing some training materials to drive a REDCard culture, and the more I work on this the more questions I have. Maybe some of you seasoned team members can help answer a few questions.

1. I had a guest ask me how to apply for the Target Visa that they saw online. After looking into it and consulting with my ETL, we came to the conclusion that the Target Visa is no longer offered...however the Target website still has references to it plastered all over the place. Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not such a mythical beast actually exists? And if so, how does one apply for it? I tried to see if I could figure out how to apply online, and darn if I could figure it out. All I could find was reference to it, not an actual link on how to apply or any further information about how it works.

2. We've been told in our store that there are no annual fees associated with the REDCard debit card, however, the website indicates that there are EFT fees for debit cards. (http://www.target.com/redcard/application#debit-card). So...are there fees associated with being a REDCard debit card holder or not?

These are links to the information I'm accessing, in case it helps. http://www.target.com/redcard/benefits-target-rewards#?lnk=fnav_t_spc_1_27

Feeling like a dim bulb over here. Any thoughts or insights?

Thanks!

I would not advise creating such materials for store use. All training material must be approved and should already be provided by Target. And work on such material away from your store is Working Off The Clock.

- Target Visa was phased out when Target sold its Credit Card services to FRS. So basically Target is back dealing out store only credit/debit cards. No Visa Cards.

- The Debit card works just like writing a check. Target doesn't apply any fees except for NSF. Banks have their own fees for checks/debit transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back