Archived Clopening

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really fkn hate closing and then having to open the next morning. It’s like they don’t care if I don’t get sleep, they’re taking advantage of all the labor I put in. I be so sleepy and disoriented I can’t even do that great of a job for the day. And they have the nerve to ask why you don’t so good!!?? I don’t get paid enough for this. Also did I mention, I closed and opened by myself?? Fck this man

Reactions: Coo
There is one team member who works a mid every Saturday from 11:30 am to 8 pm and then back on Sunday at 5 am for ad set.

I clopen about once every two weeks close at 11 pm back at 7 am.
It sucks but there is never enough help here at target, no matter how much you pay them.

I'm one of those TMs that also clopens every weekend, it's ridiculous. I talked to my ETL-HR about it and she says it's because no one else has the availability to close that night. I decided to put in an availability change myself and make it so I can only open on weekends, hasn't been declined yet or accepted but we'll see. This has been going on for a month or so now.

Target applauds your attitude. Expect a 3% raise this year!!!
beerchug.gif

Yeah I just came back to Target and I’m going on my 4th week back and they have me working until 10:30pm Saturday night and back at 5am Sunday for ad set and I’m there for 10 hours. Thankfully I’ve noticed it’s only been every other Saturday I’ve had to work that late...but it looks like I’m permanently doing Sunday ad set.....yaaay

I hate this! I'm like a zombie halfway through the day! There should be a labor law against it! I need my sleep! I'm a SR.TL I need to be on my A game at work!

Reactions: Coo
It's thw best example of why labor laws are needed. Totally unnecessary to not have a program that automatically avoids this. Plenty of employees so rarely need this.

But they can and so they do.

Years ago it was protocol to avoid clopens unless the TM volunteered to do it.
During my GSA tenure I was 'volunteered' so often protocol went by the wayside.
Now they just don't f**king care.
Really flies in the face of 'Wellness' that spot always promotes.

every time they schedule me to clopen I’ll call out the day im supposed to open. “Why did you call out?” “Because I was scheduled in such a way that didn’t allow me more than 4 hours of sleep. Please stop scheduling me like this and I won’t call out again.” *schedule comes out* *clopens again* and the cycle continues

Yeah I just came back to Target and I’m going on my 4th week back and they have me working until 10:30pm Saturday night and back at 5am Sunday for ad set and I’m there for 10 hours. Thankfully I’ve noticed it’s only been every other Saturday I’ve had to work that late...but it looks like I’m permanently doing Sunday ad set.....yaaay

Look into labor laws for your state. Most have a required period that needs to be met between the end of one shift and the start of the next. I believe in most states it's 8 hours. If that's true for your state, all you need to do is bring that to the attention of your schedule writer and threaten to call the hotline.

Look into labor laws for your state. Most have a required period that needs to be met between the end of one shift and the start of the next. I believe in most states it's 8 hours. If that's true for your state, all you need to do is bring that to the attention of your schedule writer and threaten to call the hotline.

I talked to my ETL and our STL was there while I was talking to her so he gave me the go ahead and I was able to leave 2 hours early tonight. I was talking to another TM in Softlines and she told me it was illegal in my state. I didn’t think about looking into labor laws for my specific state. If it happens again I’m definitely going to bring it up with them.

During the holiday season when we closed at midnight and opened at seven in the morning, I clopened. You know how busy it gets during the holidays, so you know you're staying at least an hour after close to clean up. Well, someone scheduled me to close and we didn't leave until almost two in the morning, and I had to be back at seven. It's absolute bullsh*t, and it wasn't a Saturday turning into a Sunday. There should be something that warns a scheduler of things like that.

During the holiday season when we closed at midnight and opened at seven in the morning, I clopened. You know how busy it gets during the holidays, so you know you're staying at least an hour after close to clean up. Well, someone scheduled me to close and we didn't leave until almost two in the morning, and I had to be back at seven. It's absolute bullsh*t, and it wasn't a Saturday turning into a Sunday. There should be something that warns a scheduler of things like that.

Whoever kept you late should have had you start later the next day. You should have eight hours off between shifts.

I just did a search online and it seems that most states do not have a law requiring minimum time between shifts (except for certain occupations like truck drivers, bus drivers, and airplane pilots). There is no federal law requiring minimum time between shifts either. It sucks that there is actually no legal protection against crazy clopening shifts. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back