• The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.

Closed on Thanksgiving

Lmao that’s bullshit if they wouldn’t let anyone off if they are already planning to travel around that time. That’s just them not putting their employees first or respecting them.
Retail companies rarely put their employees first. They are in business to make a profit, nothing more. They don’t care at all about workers or their family plans. My availability doesn’t include Fridays, but I have always been scheduled on BF.

turncloak

Signing
Lmao that’s bullshit if they wouldn’t let anyone off if they are already planning to travel around that time. That’s just them not putting their employees first or respecting them.
i've never worked for a retail company where it wasn't automatically expected that everyone works black friday. you just learn to live with it lol. it's part of the job.

I've always had it described as Thanksgiving to New Years is like the play offs and Thanksgiving weekend is like the superbowl of retail. If you work retail you don't plan on vacations during that time. I find Target to be good with working around my vacation and time off needs throughout the year but In return I open up my schedule even more and don't ask for time off during that month and a half.

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
LMFAO :D
First job in retail?
You are hired with the expectation that you will be available during the holidays.
Don't like it? Find a job outside retail.

Really the only excuse I would find acceptable to not working Black Friday is COVID concerns with crowds, but anyone can use that as an excuse even if they’re not sincere.