Closed on Thanksgiving

Lmao that’s bullshit if they wouldn’t let anyone off if they are already planning to travel around that time. That’s just them not putting their employees first or respecting them.

Retail companies rarely put their employees first. They are in business to make a profit, nothing more. They don’t care at all about workers or their family plans. My availability doesn’t include Fridays, but I have always been scheduled on BF.

Lmao that’s bullshit if they wouldn’t let anyone off if they are already planning to travel around that time. That’s just them not putting their employees first or respecting them.

i've never worked for a retail company where it wasn't automatically expected that everyone works black friday. you just learn to live with it lol. it's part of the job.

I've always had it described as Thanksgiving to New Years is like the play offs and Thanksgiving weekend is like the superbowl of retail. If you work retail you don't plan on vacations during that time. I find Target to be good with working around my vacation and time off needs throughout the year but In return I open up my schedule even more and don't ask for time off during that month and a half.

LMFAO :D
First job in retail?
You are hired with the expectation that you will be available during the holidays.
Don't like it? Find a job outside retail.

Really the only excuse I would find acceptable to not working Black Friday is COVID concerns with crowds, but anyone can use that as an excuse even if they’re not sincere.

I mean that’s cool and all, but can they open up the payroll pocketbook for the rest of November if they’re gonna do what they did this year again? I burned out by week 2 because you can’t have Black Friday type sales with the same payroll you have for October week 1.

Stores will be closed for Thanksgiving in 2021! (As it stands now)
A big part of it is they are seeing increased sales in their digital channels so there isn’t as big a hit having the stores closed. If they weren’t seeing this much growth in Order Pickup and Drive Up it would probably be different.

Opening on Thanksgiving was always a dumb idea. It didn't really generate more sales, it just spread out the Black Friday sales between Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. At least that's the way it was at my old job. We would get decent sales on Thanksgiving but less than normal on Black Friday and the weekend.

A big part of it is they are seeing increased sales in their digital channels so there isn’t as big a hit having the stores closed. If they weren’t seeing this much growth in Order Pickup and Drive Up it would probably be different.
I predicted this a long time ago, their online sales and order pickup would pick up the slack with sales.

I always preferred working on Thanksgiving over the trend of opening at 2am or 4am. I think we started opening too early on Thanksgiving but I think there is a market for 7-11pm or 8-midnight. People who had their family thanksgiving and don't want to watch football can go out and shop and catch some bargains. The store could close, reset for new specials in the morning opening at 7am. Thanksgiving is fun and festive and I liked the overtime vs the craziness of Friday without any bonus pay.

Working on Thanksgiving also got me out of having to help clean up after the meal.

Opening on Thanksgiving was always a dumb idea. It didn't really generate more sales, it just spread out the Black Friday sales between Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. At least that's the way it was at my old job. We would get decent sales on Thanksgiving but less than normal on Black Friday and the weekend.
Black Friday at my store and others I have read on here wasn’t super busy. It was more like a busy Saturday.

Im pretty sure we made more money when we didn't do black friday because they spread out all the deals and made them online only, so they didn't have to shell out time and a half for all tms and they can get similar black friday sales across multiple weeks and probably get to lessen the theft by guests to encourage them to shop online where they can force feed you what Target wants you to buy

Im pretty sure we made more money when we didn't do black friday because they spread out all the deals and made them online only, so they didn't have to shell out time and a half for all tms and they can get similar black friday sales across multiple weeks and probably get to lessen the theft by guests to encourage them to shop online where they can force feed you what Target wants you to buy
Writing secret - periods.

There was nobody lined up when we were open on Thanksgiving before the pandemic, so it is not a surprise that they decided to stop sling it. They got great PR from being closed and they can save money by not having to pay lots of time and a half since the minimum is now $15 an hour.

Back