Archived Code Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you even been working and looked over and saw a mom or dad with their child, who is running around and the parent isn't even paying attention to them and thought, "Well that's a code yellow waiting to happen."

The state should keep track of them, it's not my fault I got ten kids from eight different fathers. I'm only 24! Can I buy beer with this EBT card?

The ones I notice are the yuppie moms who are talking on their bluetooths, planning some important social function but paying no frelling attention to their kids.
I'm sure they only had them for the status.
Kind of like buying a BMW or the Jimmy Chu running shoes, you have to have to right accessories.

If you notice a kid wandering, ask cyhyfs or stay with them. Then, ask if they have a place in the store to meet when lost.
Always stay with the kid.

This older cashier we have would tell the kids that "there's a kidnapper on the loose".
Those kids would look at her all nervous while sticking to their mommas like glue.

This is completely off subject, but ..

I work at a daycare in the afternoon. As I'm working with another teacher, he says, "Oh man, I've got a code yellow."
My eyes get really big and start counting kids as fast as I can. I say, "Who's missing?!"
He just looks at me and says, "No .. I have to pee."

Target has conditioned me. :\

yea...some parents are just...

I ranted about this situation last week on my blog:

I was working my part-time job at Target the other day, and one customer brought to my attention that there was a little girl wandering around the toys section without a parent. This is a big deal so I radioed it in, and the customer and her friend were kind enough to keep an eye on the girl. All of a sudden we hear a woman calling the girl's name, which solved the mystery of where the mother was. She came and got her daughter, and that should have been the end of it.

A few minutes later, I noticed the same girl back in the toys section with her mother nowhere to be seen again. Okay, kids wander off sometimes which makes the first time understandable, but twice is like "really?" The girl couldn't have been more than 7 years old, and she had little trouble engaging strangers like myself and the previous customers. See earlier this month there was the troubling news story of the 7-year old girl that wandered into the next aisle from her mother in a Georgia Walmart and was immediately snatched by an attempted kidnapper. Luckily, the girl got away by kicking and screaming, causing the man to let her go and run off. It's just that easy though for someone to try that kind of thing, and when I have kids, I am making sure they are not out of sight when we go out.

Anyways, I made sure to keep an eye on her until her mother finally came and got the her. She was all the way in the clothing section with another older lady that I assume was the grandmother. One couldn't be bothered to watch this girl?

Last edited:
I lost my youngest daughter once when she decided at the tender age of six to play hide and seek in the coats at a dept. store.
Most people will tell you I'm a fairly level headed person in a crisis.
That situation pretty much gave lie to any description of me as level.

How any parent worth their salt could let their kids wander off twice is totally incomprehensible to me.

It really does amaze me how some parents just do not look after their children. Either just letting them run where ever they please or blatantly ignoring them.

This is completely off subject, but ..

I work at a daycare in the afternoon. As I'm working with another teacher, he says, "Oh man, I've got a code yellow."
My eyes get really big and start counting kids as fast as I can. I say, "Who's missing?!"
He just looks at me and says, "No .. I have to pee."

Target has conditioned me. :\

Sadly enough, we do get this kind of Code Yellow, particularly in the fitting rooms (usually due to heavy inebriation).

The ones I notice are the yuppie moms who are talking on their bluetooths, planning some important social function but paying no frelling attention to their kids.
I'm sure they only had them for the status.
Kind of like buying a BMW or the Jimmy Chu running shoes, you have to have to right accessories.

Oh, you must work at my store~LOL!

Seriously, though, we just had one the other day at my store and it was primarily because the mom was too busy yapping on her phone to pay attention to her kid. Even AFTER she reported "her little angel" missing, she couldn't be bothered to get off the damn phone until our STL finally asked her to hang it up! She THEN had the nerve to call later and COMPLAIN about the "rude black man who yelled at her" :facepalm:

Oh, and she didn't even bother to offer to pay for the candy her "little angel" was eating when he was found....he was just sitting on a display in seasonal with a couple packages of Easter Peeps, nom noming away. I hope the sugar buzz he got drove her batsh!t crazy the rest of the day ;)

i once had a little girl about 3-4 who ran away from her mom came up next to me and grabbed my hand 4 times in one day. it was cute the first time the fourth time i was like where the hell is your mom? the best part her shoes squeaked so i could her her coming and her mom had she been paying attention could her her running. the mom only came after her the third time she ran.
the crazy part is it was all over the floor pad. i have creepy old men watching me fold tables and toddlers stalking me around the store....average day of a target team lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back