Archived Comments on Kohl’s please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience working in a kohl’s store ?
I’m holding my breath til next month to see what is happening for me specifically, but preparing myself for a possible exit. If rumors are true I think my tenure at Target has come to an end.
Ok, about to cry. I’ll miss being the all-knowing go-to from every team as I really enjoyed always having the answer.
I have loved my time here so far and Starting fresh is a bit terrifying.

We have someone that works full time for them. They pay waaaaay more than Target.

I worked there well over a decade ago. It was definitely more cutthroat at the store level than you would expect. Way more us vs. them with management, even moreso than you sometimes see at Spot. Hours were just as tight and part timers got next to no hours. Even the leads were stretched pretty thin. Policy changes with no obvious rhyme or reason happening all the time caused me to jump ship. Pay was average for the time, I got the same type of piddly raises I do here at Spot and that was as a lead there.

And if you ever thought Spot's fitting rooms got trashed.....you ain't seen NOTHING yet. NOTHING. Seriously.

just to clarify, I know a chick who worked there for 6 months and it's "more targety than Target" just going off what she told me about it.

You know how every time you walk into a Kohl's store no matter what time of day or year it is and it's always deathly quiet like a funeral home? Welp. If it weren't for my friend confirming I wouldn't even believe that anyone works there at all. They have "zero-hour weeks" where you will sometimes not be on the schedule at all for 2-3 weeks straight followed by one 4 hour shift on a Saturday, and that's even if you are above average at pushing the Kohl's charge.

Apparently they also do their truck unloads in the early AM, but since nobody shops there I don't imagine you'd be bumping into too many customers. Sales volume at this Kohl's in town has to be one tenth of my low volume Target.

Stores are CLEAN I will say, no idea how they do it with no employees tho

My neighbor works for them and he always complains about not getting enough hours and he's been working there for years. He says turnover is high, and instead of giving the long timers more hours they just hire more new people and give the hours to them since they don't want to have to pay more for the regular employees that have above starting wages. Sounds familiar... lol

Some of my friends went to work for Kohl’s when another retail chain went out of business, and only one stayed long term (in leadership). They said it was worse than the store that had failed, so it must have been a pretty dismal place to work. Pushing the Kohl’s card seemed to be all that mattered and hours were minimal. On the other hand, my friends who went to Home Depot and Costco said that they are good places to work, and are still there.

Kohl's is actually a place where I'd believe it if my boss told me that payroll is tight ... That lemonade stand sales volume is really something

I worked at a small kohls for about a year before moving on to target. I worked multiple departments at a time at kohls and barely got any hours. I worked 4 hour shifts about 3 days a week with open availability. Started at $9 an hour working kids apparel. The specific location I worked at had a horrible turnover rate and they often keep you in the system so it doesn't look like they are losing employees left and right. The store never gets as busy as target, unless around holidays, but even then it isn't that bad.

A lady who works at our local Charter/Spectrum office (also used to work at Target) told me she'd taken some seasonal work at Kohl's a couple of Christmases ago for some extra spending money. She said she didn't like it as it much as she had Target. She commented that she didn't like the way things were organized there, both process and store-wise, though she didn't go into specifics.

Depends on the area, but Kohl's isn't doing that great, and where I live, it's actually worse than Target. We'll see after modernization, I suppose, but right now it's stressful, even more understaffed, and pays significantly less (TM who moved over there is making $7.50/hr.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back