Archived Comp Shop Transmitting Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having issues transmitting my comp shop item list for the last four weeks. More than half the time, it won't let me transmit, saying that it times out before sending it in. I've called mysupport quite a few times and I keep getting an answer saying it's a 'global' issue and they're working on the problem. Sometimes I get lucky though and I can send it in. There are no messages or anything on workbench about this matter. Any other comp shoppers having this problem?

Our comper has been having this same problem so they try to transmit after every outing so they can get at least SOME of it in.

Yeah, I've been doing the same. I used to get my 75% done in one outing and call it a week, but I find myself having to go almost three times a week and splitting it up so I don't risk doing a whole list and not getting anything turned in. It's starting to get really disheartening because you spend that time recording prices for nothing. And I REALLY don't want to start doing it manually. It's a scary thought.

Anyway, it's good to know I'm not the only one. I was starting to think my PDAs were bugging out.

I had problems a few weeks ago. Only 50% or so transmitted. I usually complete it in one day, so it was really weird that the partial list transmitted. Mysupport told me that it was a global issue too, but that it should have been resolved that Saturday. Too late to save that week, of course, but this week and and the two before transmitted just fine.

What exactly is comp shopping? I always see it on the daily grid, but we never have anyone scheduled under it.

COMP Shop is when a team member goes to your local competitor (usually Walmart) and scan like items to keep our prices competitive.

They are usually keyed under signing or inventory. At least that's what my store does anyway.

I know our CS lady was having issues submitting her shops. She called MySupport and told her the same thing.

Not all stores do comp shop too. Usually that means there isn't a local competitor in the area that isn't already getting shopped from another target store. It might be the case for your store if no one is on the grid for it. I know they put me under comp shop.

Our comper's data is for our store & a sister store several miles away so they contribute some of the hrs.

I've been having transmission issues as well. I had a very frustrating Friday where I could not for the life of me get it to transmit and when I called mysupport I was told it was a global issue as well. I tried numerous times throughout the day. It just cycled and cycled. Again, it sucks seeing an entire weeks work go down the drain. But it gives me comfort that others are having the same issue.
I've decided that if I can't transmit it in small chunks after I go each time, then I will make a point and transmit my final list on Thursdays. It seems to me the network is overloaded on Fridays. Which stinks because I liked working until mid afternoon on Friday, closing out the not carried items, and then transmitting just in time to punch out and go to happy hour. ;)

Not all stores do comp shop too. Usually that means there isn't a local competitor in the area that isn't already getting shopped from another target store. It might be the case for your store if no one is on the grid for it. I know they put me under comp shop.

This is true for me. The store I shop sets the prices for 3 Targets in the area because we are all in close proximity to each other. So I feel really bad when my list doesn't transmit because then it affects price changes for 3 stores.

I've been having transmission issues as well. I had a very frustrating Friday where I could not for the life of me get it to transmit and when I called mysupport I was told it was a global issue as well. I tried numerous times throughout the day. It just cycled and cycled. Again, it sucks seeing an entire weeks work go down the drain. But it gives me comfort that others are having the same issue.
I've decided that if I can't transmit it in small chunks after I go each time, then I will make a point and transmit my final list on Thursdays. It seems to me the network is overloaded on Fridays. Which stinks because I liked working until mid afternoon on Friday, closing out the not carried items, and then transmitting just in time to punch out and go to happy hour. ;)

I was the same way. I would come in 4am to 8am for Flow on Fridays, and then head straight to comp shop right after. Fridays are the days it seems to never transmit recently. Last week I even had trouble transmitting it on a late Wednesday night. Thankfully on Thursday morning, it transmitted. I find I have easier time in the early hours right before lunch I can get lucky.

I'm starting to like my new routine though. I go late on Wednesday nights and blend in with the crowd. I always feel uneasy whenever I go earlier in the day because the 'team leads' of departments in Walmart recognize me now since they seem to be there 8am to 4:30pm Mon - Fri. They don't do much but it's still a small distraction for me when they seem to constantly stare. When I get there around 4:00pm, it's really just young employees who are just doing go-backs and don't give a thought when seeing me in an area for longer than a usual customer. The only problem is I have to come in for 4am the next day so I don't get as much sleep. But transmitting on Thursday mornings gets the job done.

My team lead mentioned manually doing it. I don't even want to think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back